We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

Gloucester, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

Can anyone tell me how long the coach transfer is from the airport to Puerto de Mogan?

Before booking my tour operator stated 1 hour, and now information on flight tickets says 90min-2hours. There is every chance my daughter will be travel sick during this time - I can normally just about do an hour (so this is taken into account before booking)- any more and fellow passengers will have the delight an adult being sick onboard, so I'm panicking now and dreading it!

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

Oh dear! My sympathies...

It is about an hour direct in a cab. I took a shared shuttle with a tour operator the first time I went there, and after about 4/5 drop offs at other hotels in Puerto Rico, we got to Mogan about 20 mins later.

For what its worth, a cab will cost you about €65 from the airport, or 50 if you pre book with an agent like Lowcostholidays etc. if you feel the need. Be sure to let the tour operator rep know you will not be getting on the bus when you arrive at the airport!

Other than that, try to get a seat at the front, the distraction of the scenery might work?

surrey
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

I would say you would be very lucky to get to Puerto Mogan in an hour by coach. It is the last stop and quite often you are taken up the cliff in Puerto Rico to drop fellow passengers off. We have never done it under an hour and a half by coach.

i think your best option would be to hire a private taxi. No messing about and straight to Puerto Mogan in about an hour, depending on the time of day. If you cannot afford this, I understand the bus service from the airport is extremely reliable, although I have never tried it.

Gloucester, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

Thank you for getting back to me so quick. Unfortunately, our income has reduced since booking the holiday so money is tight and a taxi not really possible. Will have a look at bus time table just in case though. Looks like I'll have to invest in some sick bags instead and hope coach isn't full so we can sit away from other passengers!

Newbury
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

We hired a car and it took us just under an hour to get there. The roads are very straight until you get to puerto RICO, then they get pretty twisty for about 15-20 mins as the road goes single lane and round the cliff edge. I would recommend travel tabs and perhaps don't take a trip up the west coast - we decided to go exploring to the villages further north and my 3 year old who has never been travel sick before was sick all over the hire car!!! We tried again a few days later and put her in the front and was sick again, the non motorway roads off the main tourist routes are very very bendy! Thought you should know so you can prepare! Promise it's worth it tho, it's a lovely place. Came back last Wednesday and missing it!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

Just to help with the travel .......not sure when you are going so ,the new motorway at this moment in time is still under construction .With this in mind as you travel from Puerto Rico into Puerto Mogan the road is really winding along the coastal route .Nice to look out along the way being in many parts the sea and drops down to the sea ,BUT, for anyone with travel sickness this can be worse .As we no travel sickness is due to motion ,so i would recommend sitting right of the driver when you are seated this may well help if only a little .

Something you could try from my old navy days for sea sickness of lots of friends .Its to do with motion/balance ,we/they used to put right behind the lobe of the ears in the soft area where the jaw bone runs ,a small piece of elasto plast this acts as a bit of support for the balance area located in the ear .Sounds daft but did work for many ,or gave us the thoughts it di.So really helped

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

As a fellow adult sufferer I sympathise, if you use the transfer coach your daughter could nip off each time it stops and have a couple of minutes fresh air and streatch her legs, which can help break up the journey, I am sure she has probably tried everything thats available, but if its a tour company coach if you let the rep know they might help find a seat beside the air con vent so she at least has cold air throughout the journey.As others have said I am sure she will find it all worthwhile when she gets to Mogan.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

We returned at the weekend from a great week in Puerto de Mogan. Following my post on transfer times, just thought I'd let everyone know our transfer times were great - it only took 45 mins there including four other drop offs (luggage was offloaded remarkably quickly and there awaiting everyone by the time they left the coach!) and 65 mins back.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

Thanks for taking the time to post. Always good to get feedback. :-)

9. Re: Transfer time to Puerto de Mogan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
Recent Conversations