We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

Hi everyone,

We are thinking about going to puerto de mogan in march with our 11month old baby, is it a suitable resort in terms of easy pram access...is there a nice promenade. We normally go to playa blanca in lanzarote.

Thanks

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

Puerto de Mogan is very flat and great for pushchairs. There is a short promenade the length of the beach and there is the marina to wander around too.

When we were there in October there were lots of little ones on the beach (sun protected of course) having a great time.

Go to google or bing images Puerto de Mogan. You will get a feel for the area.

Liz

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,756 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

Yes it is very suitable. We are in our fifties, my husband uses a wheeled walking aid and we love it there. Funnily enough, we weren't able to get accommodation in Mogan for Feburary this year and somone on here recommended P/Blanca as a similar sort of place.

We went and it is. (Although there is no comparison to the prettiness of Mogan!)

It is similar to Playa Blanca in terms of being on the level, a quieter, smaller resort. The curved beach front promenade is fairly small, but there is plenty of walking to be done along the harbour, marina and even back from the seafront towards the Hiperdino supermarket.

Incidently, if you want to take a short boat trip to Arguineguin or Puerto Rico, the crew are very, very helpful.

Edited: 04 November 2012, 22:02
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,756 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

Hi Liz, we must have been typing at the same time. We go again in May. :-)

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

I bet you are counting the days. I will definitely have to visit Playa Blanca. There are a few folk on tripadvisor who have been there and P de M . Remind me where you are staying in May.

Liz

surrey
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

Thats three votes now for Puerto Mogan! Beautiful place for a holiday and, has already been said, very push chair friendly.

Can recommend Cordial Valle apartments for a young family as well. They have huge balconies - so somewhere to put the baby in the shade for a nap. Plenty of room too for all the paraphernalia that comes with a little one :0)

We will be back there again on Thursday for our fourth visit so if there is anything you would like me to find out for you, I will be only to happy to.

Edited: 04 November 2012, 22:59
Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

I have stayed in Playa Blanca and enjoy my stay there. A beautiful place and similar to Puerto de Mogan as Canarytime says. I'm sure you will love to stroll around. I have also stayed in Puerto del Carmen and Matagorda and will say Lanzarote is more windy than Gran Canaria. Particularly the Mogan area is sheltered by mountains.

Looking forward to my stay in Puerto de Mogan. I'm counting down; 33 days to go...

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,756 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

How long are you there for Aurora? Have a great time. :-)

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

Canarytime: Maybe I should not tell, but I will stay 5 weeks in paradise ;-) At Apt. Los Mangueros, next to Cordial Mogan Valle.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,756 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

FIVE weeks!! You lucky thing. Have a great time. :-)

Aalesund, Norway
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is puerto de mogan suitable for young babies

Because I was seriously ill in the summer, I got my vacation postponed to December/January. Yes, I'm very lucky! I'm still alive and once again I can stay in my paradise ;-)

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan