We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lizards

West Midlands
Level Contributor
156 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Lizards

Can anyone suggest a good place in Puerto de Mogan where I can see lizards? They don't have to be the giant ones, but one of those would be a bonus!

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,698 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lizards

You will see them anywhere along a wall that has plenty of sunshine on it with crevaces in it for them to scuttle into, they're literally everywhere.

During the morning as the sun's warmth kicks in is a good time to see them basking raising their body temps.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lizards

The Cordial Valle display lizards as part of their entertainment. Sorry, can't remember which day it was.

3. Re: Lizards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 07:14
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lizards

Plenty of Lizards to be seen amongst the rocks here in Mogan.

More info here -

http://tinyurl.com/moganlizard

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lizards

Not sure if this place is still open ,but worth the trip imo if so "Reptilandia Parque" its/was up in the North West at Galdar. Had a look earlier on the web and nothing says its closed (?)

Also if you have a bit of time to kill you can often find lots at the airport near the under pass for the motorway south ....

Belfast
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lizards

I nearly stood on a tiny lizard when I was in Mogan during August. I was going to take a photo, but it disappeared within seconds, pity!

Las Palmas de Gran...
Level Contributor
398 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lizards

Reptilandia is closed. The lizards are everywhere and the best way to attract them out is to chuck a few bits of banana their way.

Don't touch them though! grancanariasunshine.com/2012/06/three-reason…

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lizards

Thanks Alex ,sad its closed though .I loved the place

West Midlands
Level Contributor
156 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lizards

Thank you to everyone for their posts. It's great to see that the little scaly guys have a fan club!

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lizards

hope you saw some, they are great. there use to be a rather big one living in the wastelands on the left when walking towards the sea from cordial hotel but did not see it last time :(

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
Recent Conversations