We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kettle

essex
6 posts
Save Topic
kettle

are kettles supplied in the mogan valle appts if you stay half board

surrey
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kettle

Yes, kettles are provided no matter what board you are on ;o)

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: kettle

Hi Graham, like fussy said, kettles aplenty, just be aware that they're a bit of a death trap for the uninitiated. They -will- scald you with steam if you pick them up too soon after they've clicked off, and if you pour the water at anything above a snail's pace, the lid -will- burst open and upend boiling water everywhere. So long as you're very careful, they're just about okay, but sleepyheads in the morning can end up with a painful wake-up call...

surrey
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kettle

Hi graham,

Have never experienced problem with kettle.

Sally, I think you should report problem as I am sure management would be aghast to hear and would rectify the problem immediately.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: kettle

Hello Fussy, it may just be that I'm terminally awkward and used to dealing with my old, beloved, battered Braun at home, which you can basically turn on its head without the lid popping open. The lid on the Valle kettles doesn't really click down with a locking mechanism, it just fits on top. The first year we came I almost wrecked myself with it, and a few years on and I still have the odd eruption all over the draining board if I'm not extra careful. I've just learned to stand well back and pour slowly over the sink!

I carted it down to reception the first year, they replaced it... but it wasn't a fault, just a design flaw in the kettle itself. We did have a faulty one last year - the element melted right into the base, replaced very promptly, but the same old story with the steam and temperamental pouring. I probably should just fill it half full, but my mum and I are bona fide tea fanatics (we take our weighty beast of a lakeland insulated teapot with us every year!) so the kettle is more than put through its paces. We thought about actually taking our kettle from home this year (how sad, eh?) but we'd run out of weight allowance. And even two tea nuts need to draw the line somewhere...

surrey
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kettle

Moral of this little story then? Just put enough water in the kettle for what you need at a time and there won't be a problem. ;o)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,829 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kettle

Or get "Polly to put the kettle on " and "Suki to take it off again ".........lol

It really is a case though of checking such things on arrival ,and if there a problem making management aware of them Some thing we always do ,a long with checking the fridge is fully working more so for medical items ! And more so plug points arent hanging out of the wall!

Question ...why do people worry about a kettle though ? I do understand if theres no hob to boil a pan on (of course making sure you use the back ring if you have children about !) Putting just the right amount of water into a pan (or Kettle) you get your brew so much faster ...... great if you wake up with a hangover !!!

Edited: 02 February 2013, 15:08
essex
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: kettle

Have just returned from Mogan Valle Appts. which are excellent. Thanks for your info. about the kettle, and I must agree with Sally C. you risk being scaulded by steam if you hold the kettle too soon after boiling. By the way a coffee making machine is also provided. If you find the appt. a bit chilly in the evening turn the hotplates on.

8. Re: kettle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan