We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where does the track lead to?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where does the track lead to?

We are going to Puerto Mogan again May and October. Last time we walked up the big hill opposite the apartments as far as up to the masts (if that's what you call them) on the end overlooking the resort. Where does the track lead to if you carry on going right and just following the track and how long does it take at a steady pace?

Winchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Where does the track lead to?

I walked the road this AM - took 2 hours to get down to the beach from Perto Mogan. There is probably 600m of vertical climb there and back. Quite pretty lined with trees and shrubs plus dramatic volcanic cliffs. The gate at Veneguera was padlocked but there is gap for pedestrians only. There is also a sign that states "private property - access from 8AM to 4PM only". At the Puerto Mogan end there is no sign but I have never seen the gates locked. I suppose there may be a first time for a tired walker returning from Veneguera.

Searching the web I found an article stating that Spanish bank Banesto got provisional permission to develop Veneguesa into a 20,000 person resort in the early 1990s but environmentalists fought back & the project was canned. So I'm guessing the bank speculatively built the road and still own it.

12. Re: Where does the track lead to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
Recent Conversations