We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Developments in Mogan

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Topic
Developments in Mogan

A petition has been started by people oposed to the large scale re development of Mogan.The plans include a large Centro Comercial in the center of Playa Mogan and extra floors added to the hotel Puerto de Mogan and many more large new developments.

The petition is available here -

change.org/petitions/…A1n

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Developments in Mogan

Oh no, that would completely ruin Puerto Mogan. Have tried your link but getting 'Uh oh try again later!'

Any further news about the proposed development near the Cordial Valle apartments?

Edited: 25 May 2013, 08:58
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Developments in Mogan

It seems that the website is being over burdened with replies at the moment.Please try again later.There is a link to the planning application on this site,the ammount of proposed development is staggering.

Paul

Edited: 25 May 2013, 09:07
Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,165 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Developments in Mogan

Who'd have thought it.....new motorway improves route to Mogan. Shortly followed by big business submitting expansion plans. I just never saw that coming.....

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Developments in Mogan

Hmmm. Funny how things change. I thought everyone there *wanted* this development to happen to bring in more money and work!

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Developments in Mogan

Canarytime, Nothing has changed! Some people want Mogan to stay the way it is,some people want gradual small changes and improvements and others want Puerto Rico Dos.Its called democracy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and are just trying by any means open to them to get the Mogan they want for future generations.

Paul

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Developments in Mogan

Sorry Paul, could you please clarify for me ;- Puerto Rico Dos Think this must be a typo ;o)

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Developments in Mogan

Sorry, Puerto Rico Two.

Paul

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Developments in Mogan

Not too happy about this but it does make me feel better that when i did voice my concerns about development I felt i was alone in the wilderness. There is a big world out there so if we don't like the changes we move on. When the resort is so busy who will really miss us. Can you name someone who will remember you when you are not there? It's always been about who I meet on holiday that creates memories for me.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Developments in Mogan

I know Paul, but gradual changes are okay I suppose. That is evolution! Sooner or later though, I think Mogan will outgrow itself and be a shadow of the Mogan I know and love now. It will be time to move on then I guess.

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Developments in Mogan

Just to update on the plans proposed for Mogan.There is proposed 4000M2 retail development to be occupied by the biggest names on the island (Leroy Merlin.Corte de Ingles.Decathalon.Mercadona etc,etc.) The fishing port is to become a private yacht club.The tourist beds in Mogan are to be increased by a proposed 75%!!. and much more.If you want to voice your thoughts try this link -

change.org/petitions/…A1n

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan