We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

Hi,

We are going to Puerto de Mogan at the end of June, a bit of a search online seems to show this is is the closest Catholic church, but I'm not sure exactly how to find it - can anyone helpwith a street address or directions?

Many thanks :-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

I can't remember the name of the street and I hope Paulmogan, a regular member who lives there, won't mind me posting a photo of his, of the church. (I typed it into Yahoo)

moganpictures.com/2010/08/playa-mogan-church…

It is a street back from the beach. Difficult to direct you to, but anyone would point it out to you.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

One thing lead to another, and I came across this old review which made me smile!

ship-of-fools.com/mystery/2011/2296.html

I think there is a Catholic church in the old village of Mogan also, a short drive into the valley.

Edited: 02 June 2013, 17:58
Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

Thanks very much for your replies - it sounds like it shouldn't be too hard to find!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

Last July we had to get a taxi into Mogan town for Sunday Mass, 12 euros each way. Although there is a church in Puerto de Mogan there was only C of E services, no Catholic ones. We are returning this summer and I have read on this forum that there may now be a vigil Mass on Saturday evening in Puerto de Mogan. Hope this helps.

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

Ermita San fernando Church in Playa De Mogan is predominantly a fully registered Catholic church.

But being privately owned and one of the owners of it being now of the christian faith it is allowed to use this church for other demonination other than catholic.The other owners of the family it belongs to are of the Catholic faith.

Full Catholic services are held here for all the locals as is the norm, but in the spanish language only.

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

Thanks for the replies - I hadn't thought there might not be a sunday Mass, so we may try Mogan town as we're arriving quite late on the saturday. Spanish will befine, I understand enough to follow the service.

Casale Monferrato...
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

What does it mean that the church is private? That somebody has to pay to make a wedding,for example? Explain please.

Casale Monferrato...
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

What does it mean that the church is private? That somebody has to pay to make a wedding,for example? Explain please.

Casale Monferrato...
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

10. Re: Ermita San Fernando church, Mogan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan