We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market puerto mogan

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tipperary
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Market puerto mogan

hi we fly in and out on a Friday just wondering what time the market is open until. Many thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market puerto mogan

Sets up about 9-ish and finishes about 2pm-ish. It gets really hot so I'd get there early and then spend the rest o the afternoon having lunch in the many eateries and on the lovely small, clean beach.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 00:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market puerto mogan

If book the Ryanair flights for Fridays (arrives in the afternoon and departs in the early morning), we will miss the P Mogan market. Could book the Monday flights with Easyjet, but it will be £150 more expensive. Is it worth to pay extra on flights just to visit the market?

Thanks.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market puerto mogan

Not sure what you are expecting from the market its mainly cheapish tourist stuff (some things you will then find cheaper in shops), tablecloths, african drums, thinish t-shirts, couple fruit and veg stalls and so forth most of the same stall holders set up on Tuesdays in Arguineguin not as picturesque as Mogan but I find much easier to get round and you can get a ferry or a bus from Mogan there saving yourself £150 to spend there

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,540 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Market puerto mogan

As if !!......its a market ,where you find towels ,watches,shoes,table clothes ,towels ,watches,shoes ,table clothes ,towels ,watches,shoes,table clothes............Save the £150 ,then whilst there go either by the ferries or local buses to Arguineguin which is the next resort around from Puerto Rico .Its the same stalls and owners its on a Tuesday .Towels ,watches.shoes,table clothes ,towels ,watches shoes ,table clothes !!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Market puerto mogan

Thanks for the info, viajero_escoces and onelegnofeet.

I was thinking more of those handcrafted stuff, such as cute little bird/animal figures made of wood and straw. I certainly have no plan to buy towels, watches, shoes, tea towels etc from any market in Gran Canaria, so we will give it a miss. :-)

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Market puerto mogan

no need to go to the market, just wait for a container from China.

Same stuff in the cheap Chinese shops around and quite often cheaper, Applies here too but watch the prices. They have a terrific reputation for being cheap and they sometimes trade on that to edge the price up a bit.

tipperary
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Market puerto mogan

Many thanks for all your replies. We fly from Ireland ! Don't think I'll be changing my flight for it .!

surrey
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Market puerto mogan

If you arrive during the morning or early afternoon you will be greeted by hordes of day trippers and wonder why the hell you chose to holiday in Mogan. Just wait until they have gone and you will see how beautiful the place is and wonder why you have never been before :o)

Edited: 11 August 2013, 12:27
tipperary
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Market puerto mogan

many thanks looking forward to it!

10. Re: Market puerto mogan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan