We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Fish

Hi all,

You will gather that I am getting excited about our forthcoming trip to Puerto de Mogan as the questions are starting to fly in.

Can anyone tell me whether fishermen land their boats at the little harbour and if so, are the public able to buy them. Love fresh fish.

Cheers.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,280 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish

Yes they do. It is an amazing site to watch.

Take a walk around from the boat yard, the real working area, and out along the arm of the harbour.

I have seen the boats come in on the "landing" area, the far side of the harbour, about 5pm-ish. The guys throw the fish from the boat into huge crates that are then fork lifted away.

I would imagine, if you ask nicely and don't get in the way, they would sell you a fish...?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish

Thanks Canarytime - again. Just six weeks to go.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,280 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish

Oops, should have been "sight", of course.

I'm excited about my first trip to mainland Spain...tomorrow!!!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish

You must be a teacher - do you correct apostrophes? LOL. Didn't notice the typo. Have a great time.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish

Hope you take time to Visit Seville or Cordoba ...or both .Fantastically wonderful places

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,280 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fish

Helen.

Lol. No, not a teacher. (You wouldn't believe what I did for a living!)

Had a convent education and those nuns were fierce, got honours in English and English lit. Old habits die hard I'm afraid!

Oh, and yes, I do tend to correct apostrophes. :-0

Cheers O/Leg. ;-)

7. Re: Fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan