We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Time

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Transfer Time

Hi

We normally book independently and arrange our own transfers to/from resorts.

This time we have booked a package with Thomas Cook and were going to take their coach transfer. I'm now a little worried as I've heard this can take 1.5-2 hours!!!

I'm concerned as our children are 6 and 4 and this may be too long after the flight etc.

Can anyone confirm if this transfer time is correct?

Many thanks in advance

Cumbria
Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer Time

It may well be I'm afraid as its at the end of the line. If you can stretch to a private taxi transfer then its about 30 mins from the airport to Puerto Mogan.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer Time

The problem with the package is also that you have to wait for all the stragglers to board the coach. You could be in Puerto Mogan by private taxi by the time the coach even leaves the airport. It would be taxi every time for us in future, especially with little ones. Hope you have a lovely holiday ;o)

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer Time

Several people suggest using a speedy shuttle transfer as it has a maximum of four drop offs and is therefore much quicker but not quite as expensive as a private taxi transfer and if you are lucky they may all be drop offs in Mogan

surrey
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer Time

You still have to wait for other people! I would factor the price of the taxi into the holiday and have a relaxing start and finish to your holiday in Puerto Mogan. Just my opinion of course ;o)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer Time

yes, I'm afraid it can be. With children, I would definitely get a cab.

http://canarytransferservice.com/pricing/

With the above site, you'll see that a taxi for up to 4 people will cost €53.

I think if you can stretch to that, it's worth it for a speedy start to a long awaited holiday. I wouldn't bother with it on the return journey (unless it's a silly time of the day). It can be quite an education doing the return pick ups, seeing the different hotels/towns.

Edited: 03 October 2013, 10:20
dorset
Level Contributor
133 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer Time

The start of our holiday was awful due to the transfer time of 2 1/2 hours,please book a taxi!!! We used Juan on our return trip I think his website is in one of the.posts above. I was nearly travel sick on the bus so I hate to think what it would be like with kids

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer Time

We always use Juan, Canarytime's link will take you to it to book. We are 4 adults going out again on Thursday and he is charging us 53 euros each way and it is well worth it , they are really friendly and efficient.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer Time

Many thanks everyone for your comments.

We usually do take a taxi but were thinking otherwise.

Your advice has convinced me to stick to taking a cab.

Thanks again

surrey
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer Time

i think when it is a relatively long transfer, that is a wise decision. Am sure you will love Puerto Mogan x

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer Time

Booked transfer with Juan at canarytransfers as advised

Many thanks

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan