We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather

Northants. UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather

I'm due to fly to Gran Canaria on Sunday and will be staying in Puerto Mogan for the 1st time. Can anyone who's there at the moment or just returned please advise what the average temperatures are like at the moment. The temperatures shown on various websites are all different.

I'm hoping it's warm enough for the beach and swimming in the sea. Is it warm enough to sit outside at the bars & restaurants in the evenings?

Many thanks.

Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather

We have been in mogan in winter and it has still been warm enough to be in the beach and swim, wear shorts all day :) we went last April and it was warmer again. You will be able to sit outside no problem for dinner. Maybe bring a cardigan just incase there is a breeze as many restaurants are near the seafront

sheffield
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather

We,re in mogan now.each morning since being here theres been cloud till about 9.30 then its blue sky all day.temps show around 20 deg.but feels warmer in the sun.its perfect temperature for sitting around or doing stuff.definately beach weather.in fact we,re just going for a snorkel right now.evenings feel a bit chilly but fine with a long sle3ve fleece.

Northants. UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather

Many thanks for both your replies.

Enjoy your snorkelling mtber9.

Just another quick question please - is it sandy when entering the sea or rocky, do you need sea shoes? Thanks.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather

Mogan is a lovely sheltered sandy bay no need for swim shoes except when the sand gets really hot in the summer and you can then leave them at the waters edge for your exit Got back from Puerto Rico last Saturday on the beach everyday after about 10am until 5:30pm, water a bit chilly but managed to swim at Amadores everyday fleece, cardigan or lightweight jersey in the evening Have a look at eltiempo playamogan we found this to be the most accurate weather site for 3-5 days ahead

Northants. UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather

Many thanks viajero_escoces. We went swimming in Tenerife at Christmas so don't mind if the sea is a bit chilly. We are really looking forward to our trip and discovering a new resort. Everything I've read so far has been good and people appear to fall in love with Mogan, so are hoping that we do too. It looks like it's a good all round resort with something for everyone. A nice beach, bars and restaurants with a marina thrown in for good measure. What more can you ask for! Our night club days are long gone, so this fits the bill nicely.

sheffield
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather

Our first time in mogan also. Its a beautiful place.much more character than the bigger purpose built resorts.(comparing to costa teguise and playa blanca on lanzarote.)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather

Hey Zippy, you might feel your night club days are over, but don't feel Mogan is dead after 10pm as some people think. There are some hidden gems there for a few later nights if you want them...

I've copied this from a recent post of mine.

The Zoo bar stays open until 2am. It is right in the centre square and it's nice sitting there watching people coming and going. It is quiet at that time of nigh/morning and the staff are happy to chat with you, IF you wish.

Marina Bar, around the back, on the marina are usually open until 1.30am-ish, depending on how busy they are.

There is the Calypso Bar on one side at the end by the bridge, that is also a restaurant with different live acts, nightly. The other side is the Ferari bar, then Jack El Negro the steak restaurant. next to the Ferari bar, then another bar, (forgotten that ones name. Then Cubre Libre next to the Lipstick Boutique.

None of them look very glamorous as they are in old storage "warehouses", but they are quirky and the locals go there.

This is where the night life all is, starting at 10pm until the early hours. :-)

Northants. UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current weather

Whilst we don't want night clubs etc we do like a bit of life going, so thanks Canarytime for additional info.

Northants. UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current weather

Just a quick update as we have now been here for three days. It was very cloudy at the airport when we landed midday on Sunday but as we approached Mogan the sky quickly cleared & we've had wall to wall blue sky since then. Nice & hot during the day. Long sleeves or a cardigan for the evening.

As a bonus we spotted a Whale from shore on our first early morning walk.

A big thumbs up for Puerto Mogan, we love it.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current weather

Great to read your update. Wonderful about the whale. I've seen them here in Ireland. Pretty wondrous eh?!

I read somewhere, there can sometimes be as much as 10 degrees difference between North and South of the island and certainly, if you go up into the mountains, it can be very cloudy in complete contrast to the lower levels (as I discovered in Guayadeque, when I set off from Mogan in strappy top/shorts in the morning, then had goose bumps all the time I was there)

Keep us posted. :-)

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan