We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two weeks

Hi all we will be in puerto mogan in two weeks ,am hoping that a lot of the bars and restaurants will still be open ,as have heard it is a very quiet month. We have never been before but it does sound fab we are looking forward to it ,just hope it's not too dead

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks

Just come back! Been going there for years now, usually in May or September, when the accommodation is more affordable! It is "quieter" then, certainly, as the busy season when it is full of North Europeans, (known locally as Scandi season) has just ended. By no means is the place dead though. I'll post from an older thread here...

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g664857-i12295-k712…

The bus terminal area is by the Spar supermarket and the timetable on the wall is easy to understand, plus the drivers are helpful. Only a hop from P/Rico if you want a change of scenery, or Anfi or Arguineguin. You can do the boat trip from Mogan to any of these, but it can be a bit pricey for all of them. I tend to bus one way and boat back or viceverse. It also gives you another view of the island.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks

Thanks Canarytime really looking forward to our holiday now ,can't wait

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks

I'm already thinking if I can manage a second visit in September!

Have a meal in the Zoo Bar, and they make the best dressed cocktails. :-D

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Two weeks

You really must love it there .Where abouts do you stay ,we have booked an apartment with hotel puerto mogan so will be catering for ourselves which we always seem to enjoy more and everything seems quite close

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two weeks

I certainly do. I feel very comfortable amongst the locals now. Try as I might though, I just cannot seem to grasp the language! :-(

I have several places that I use at this stage, always s/catering and prefer the intimacy of an apartment rather than the hustle and bustle of an hotel.

Check out these owned by the Dennehy family while you're there. Billy or Sylvia will be happy to show you around one or two of them. The standard is excellent and rates are competitive.

http://www.mogan-apartments.com/

I do have other contacts if you were considering for another trip. Just get in touch. :-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Two weeks

Thanks I'll certainly have a peek

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two weeks

Hi

We have just returned from Mogan - a few of the restaurants at the Marina were closed until early June, but literally only a handful.

There are lots and lots of places to eat and drink and watch the world go by.

It was our first visit - but definetley not the last - Loved it.

Enjoy

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two weeks

Hah! Another one hooked! Lol

Been going one or even tice, a year for the last five years. It just has a certain "something" about the place. :-)

I love sitting in the Zoo Bar for the later part of the evening. They stay open till 2am-ish, and many a fun conversation has been had with the staff there, or the last straggles on their way back to their accommodation. Plus they make the best "dressed" cocktails around! :-D

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Two weeks

Thanks for that Shawfamily,I'm at the stage now were it doesn't matter what's closed just want to escape our depressing summer.just a week today and we will be there.We are so looking forward to it .

staffordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two weeks

Mogan is a wonderful place this is our 3rd visit we usually go in September so this is a first for us in June we fly out on the 11th, lots of lovely restaurants you get spoilt for choice. The zoo bar is great and there is a little side street which has a few bars which stay open until late. You certainly feel like you've had a holiday when you've been to mogan :-)

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan