We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self catering help pls

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
runcorn
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Self catering help pls

We're staying in the cordial mogan Valle apartments the 1st August for 2 weeks 2 adults and our 3 and 5 year old boys. We're going self catering but have no idea on the cost of eating out for breakfast lunch and dinner and few drinks. What are the average prices for each pls and any recommendations for where to eat out and where to avoid? Also any trips or places to go with 2 kids under 5? Also we want to hire a car any idea on prices or recowndations? X

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self catering help pls

Meals out have been costing us between 30-50 euros for two adults and two kids. Mains in the evening are around 15 euros around the port. Quite a lot of places have a ten euro set menu but the meals are drastically pared back for this so I wouldn't bother. Food quality generally has been superb, although service is a bit surly we thought. Cafe Maritime is excellent, and friendly .

We went to the angry bird place in Puerto Rico yesterday, it was fun I guess but in essence was a playground for 46 euros.

One tip I will share: it is often cheaper to get a taxi with a family of 4 than it is to get a bus one way, or not far off the price. Puerto Rico one way is only 13 euros.

Have fun, we go home tomorrow and have had a great time.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 11:30
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self catering help pls

Meals out have been costing us between 30-50 euros for two adults and two kids. Mains in the evening are around 15 euros around the port. Quite a lot of places have a ten euro set menu but the meals are drastically pared back for this so I wouldn't bother.

We went to the angry bird place in Puerto Rico yesterday, it was fun I guess but in essence was a playground for 46 euros.

One tip I will share: it is often cheaper to get a taxi with a family of 4 than it is to get a bus one way, or not far off the price. Puerto Rico one way is only 13 euros.

Have fun, we go home tomorrow and have had a great time.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 11:33
Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Self catering help pls

Me and my girlfriend are also staying in the Cordial Mogan Valle Apartments from the 8th August for 12days.

We're going self catering but have no idea on the cost of eating out etc. We know there is a supermarket in town so we can buy essentials. But when going out etc we aren’t to sure.

We are a young couple in our 20s and want a nice quite, romantic place just to enjoy the good food, sun and sea.

What would you rate the hotel and the surroundings.?

Thanks

dorset
Level Contributor
135 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self catering help pls

We are going back again in October and love it there but it is very quiet. It is very peaceful and pretty but is (luckily) nothing like its rowdy neighbour Puerto Rico .infact we went on the boat to Puerto Rico , a lovely trip but got off then nearly got back on immediately!! The town is very busy on a Friday morning as there is a very large market , but apart from that it is very peaceful. There are loads of lovely restaurants, the ones by the marina are more expensive (we don't drink much and spent about €30 per night for the 2 of us) last time we upgraded to B&b at the cordial Valle, which was good value and meant we didn't eat much at lunchtime so we are going B&b again this year. The supermarket opposite is good value plus there is a large spar which you will pass as you walk into town. Our favourite place to eat which is superb value is la cucina, a street pizza place up a side street from the square where all the local sit. They do superb pizza and bruschetta and I think the bill only came to €20 for both so us. We didn't have a bad meal anywhere, this time we are going to try the Indian restaurant/takeaway which a lot of people recommend. In response to the original question , we have booked our hire car through auto reissen who were recommended to us. We are paying about £150 for 2 weeks- when you consider a taxi costs nearly £100, it's a bargain ! We loved puerto Mogan and would recommend to anyone who likes a peaceful beach holiday without timeshare touts and the apartment s are lovely

5. Re: Self catering help pls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan