We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions

We're staying in puerto mogan having travelled with Thomson.

We'd like to see a little of the island, but this holiday is mostly a relax and chill out one.

We were wondering whether anyone has any thoughts or experiences on the Thomson excursions ie:

1) Las Palmas sights and shopping 26 euro per person

2) Island delight 62 euro per person

Our other option is to jump on the local buses and see a bit of the island ourselves which we've heard are very good.

Thanks

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
82 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

Last time we were there we did the Minibus tour of the island. You charge around the tourist spots in convoy in small 8 seater minibuses. We thought it an excellent day out. This time we’ll probably hire a car and retrace the route – all the roads were on google maps on my Phone! It was a great way to see the inner parts of the islands - but not if you don't like step, narrow roads and hairpin bends – if that’s the case stick to the big coach version.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

I push this one all the time...

If you can get to a Thomson rep on your hols, book onto a trip known locally as the "Blanket Trip". It doesn't cost anything and is a great day out, with a typical Canarian tapas lunch for a tiny fee, (about €6). What you get to see and learn from the guide, is so worthwhile and it really is free. NO hard sell at all. No public transport goes into this mountainous part of the island, the valley of Guayadeque and the cave dwellings. The lush green scenery is stunning after the arid landscape elsewhere. An informative walkabout in the pretty village of Aguimes in included too.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
82 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

I agree about the tour and the village is magnificent but when we went the pick up bus visited every resort from PM Along the coast to the airport. We spent nearly 3 hours on the bus.

The trip was good and worth sitting through the sales presentation (don't buy anything!) but the bus ride meant we lost the whole day.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

Can you remember which day it was that you went? One day is a drag, as you go through every resort picking up, the other day is not like that. (I've done both). Mind you, it was an education going through these resorts. It confirmed I'd made the right choice with little Mogan. :-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions

While you're there Kieran, have you noticed if it's possible to hire a bicycle? I've got notions of cycling along the pathway, parallel to the main road, into the hamlets near Mogan old village.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
82 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions

I agree with your assessment if the tour and the trip round the other resorts confirming we had made the right choice. We went in late April last year - apparently only a few weeks after the motorway opened. The was not full but the constant stop start of the pickup and the dead time took the edge of a trip to a couple of very interesting villages.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
82 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions

Just noticed there's what seems like a cycle hire operation opened at the hotel Mogan playa.. Saw the signs on the fence yesterday evening. Didn't look further as it is way to energetic for my sort of holiday!

8. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
Recent Conversations