We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau to Hong Kong and return

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
3 posts
Save Topic
Macau to Hong Kong and return

Hi

I'll be flying into Macau and wish to travel to Hong Kong immediately for a few days' tour of HK. What is the fastest way to get to HK and back to Macau other than by air? If by ferry, where do I get on and off?

What are the sights in HK besides the theme parks that you can recommend?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau to Hong Kong and return

Other than helicopter, the fastest and normal way is by ferry.

You have a choice of ferry companies:

www.turbojet.com.hk/

www.nwff.com.hk/eng/

cotaijet.com.mo/

Cotaijet sail from Taipa near the airport to HK island.

Turbojet sail from the main ferry terminal in Macau to Hk island.

First ferry sail from the main ferry terminal to Kowloon.

It's cheap and easy to get to the ferry terminals either by taxi or bus.

www.discoverhongkong.com/ has lots of advice about things to do in Hong Kong.

Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau to Hong Kong and return

Thank you so much. Your advice has been really helpful.

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau to Hong Kong and return

Hi.

We got the Cotai Jet to HKG - I prebooked our tickets on line. It was really easy.

For the return ferry home, as I didnt know exactly how much time we wanted to spend in HKG that day I just bought tickets at the ferry terminal.

In HKG i would highly recommend to start on HKG Island as that is where the ferries arrive into. We walked around and saw a few temples then went up to Victoria Peak. If it is a really nice day the line up for the tram to the peak can be quite long, so for the extra $ i ended up buying a combo pass which included entry into Madam Tuassads and the tram up to the peak. We got on the next tram instantly.

We had lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp, they have great (and inexpensive food) and a view to die for !!!!!

From there we went and caught the Star Ferry across the harbour to Kowloon and then hit the shops!! You can then catch a ferry from Kowloon side back to Macau.

Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Macau to Hong Kong and return

Thanks. Appreciate your sharing which will come in very handy.

USJ
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macau to Hong Kong and return

Jac,

If your intention is to visit both place, why not consider arriving at macau and departure from HK? air asia rate for oneway in not loaded as others.

In this case you will not need to fo back to macau from your departure.

By the way, if you have sea sickness, please be prepare with necessary medicine.

6. Re: Macau to Hong Kong and return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 05:16