We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

Hi Guys,

It my first time to Macau, Shenzhen & Zhuhai. Would need some help from you all. I plan travelling to Macau on beginning of Nov with my mom for a 5D4N trip. My plan is to spend 2Days in Macau & 1day each in Shenzhen & Zhuhai. Here are my question:

1) Should I book hotel in shenzhen or zhuhai when visiting e area? Or it would be better to stay in Macau hotel & travel to those place for 1 day trip. Fyi, my flight fly from Macau.

2) Which hotel to stay in Macau (Macau city or Taipa) for my whole trip?

3) How to travel to Shenzhen & Zhuhai by which pier/bus/taxi?

4) What is the weather over there during Nov?

5) What is the must visit place of interest (Dragon’s Treasure & The bubbles (City of dream), The house of Dancing water, Macau Tower – Bungee Jump, Ah Ma Temple) & shopping area (Taipa Village, Wynn/MGM, Senado Square, Red market, 3 Lamp Street) in Macau ?

6) What is the best shopping area for Shenzhen (Dong Da Men, Louhu Commercial City??) & Zhuhai (Gong Bei Underground Mall, Lotus Street??) ?

Really appreciate your help

Thanks a lot (^_^)

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

Forget to mention my budget for hotel is at SIN$100/day.

Thanks

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,851 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

Huge number of hotels to choose from. Macau will be harder to find at your budget - impossible at the weekend. Look at the Best Western, Taipa. Not well located but cheap. Do you want to be closer to shopping? Then try the Metropole. I do not recommend making day trips to Zhuhai & Shenzhen as you will waste a huge amount of time in immigration lines. From Macau you take a bus (free shuttle or 3.20 MoP public bus) to the border gate and walk across the border - total time around 1 hour off peak to 90 minutes at a busy time. Consider staying there one night, then take the direct bus to Shenzhen (around 3 hours) and stay one night near LuoHu. For a change you could return by ferry from Shekou to Macau.

Macau
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

Dont waste your time to Shenzhen because you almost can buy the same thing in Zhuhai unless you want to go some theme park in Shenzhen. I suggest you can stay at least 1 night at Zhuhai beacuse hotel charge is much more cheaper. You can pay S100 for a 5 star hotel but 2-3 stars in Macau.. Temperature in November is 15-25, it is hard to know.

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

Hi Zhuhai2007 & Stoney66,

Really thanks for your information & suggestion. Right now i'm really confuse wondering how should i plan my trip.

Here are my questions:

1) What do you think if i spend my first two day in Zhuhai & 3rd/4th day in Macau? As my flight fly back to singapore from Macau.

2) Two days is it enough to cover Macau, Taipa & Cotai?

3) Which hotel is better - Grandview/Regency/Metropole/Best Western Taipa & Metropark?

3) How do i travel to Zhuhai if i'm coming from Macau airport?

4) Which hotel do you all recommended in Zhu Hai? JinYe hotel?

5) Shopping area in Zhuhai others than Gong Bei underground Mall?

Actually my plan to zhuhai/Shenzhen is to shopping & have a look around as i'm going with my mom i don't think she will like to go to any theme park. she prefer to eat n shop. Do you guys have any recommendation?

(^_^) Thanks alot

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,043 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

1. If you are more interested in shopping than sightseeing, then this mix is probably about right.

2. It depends on how much you want to see, and in how much detail.

3. For convenience to sightseeing, shopping and eating options, the Metropole; for previously 5 star surroundings, the Regency. All these hotels are quite "tired".

3a. Either by taxi, or the AP1 bus.

4,5. I'll leave this to the Zhuhai experts.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,851 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

Jin Ye Hotel is OK if you are on a budget, but you previously said $S100 per night, which would get you a better hotel - maybe even a good one like the Charming Holiday Hotel if it is an off-peak time. Ying Du is another nice looking one. Guangdong Regency has an excellent location for shopping - right at the end of Lian Hua Lu (a pedestrian Mall) but it has had the odd bad review. In Jida there is a big shopping complex called the International "Duty free" Plaza, but I don't think there are any actual "duty free" goods there. Wide range of major brands though.

7. Re: Macau to Shenzhen & Zhu hai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 10:16