We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
676 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

Hi,

I noted that Ice World just opened recently at the Venetian, not sure if it's worth the time and money going there. Appreciate views on this. Presumably they provide winter wear as well? Any reservations required? Thanks.

Manila
Level Contributor
47 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

I just arrived from Macau. The ice cravings are fantastic. i heard these are the originals from Harbin China. But the problem was they only provided us with coats and no gloves. So our hands were so stiff with the cold that we couldn't even last 30 minutes inside. Had a hard time taking pictures as my fingers were so stiff. Unlike Snow City in Singapore where we were provided the whole gear. So we could stay the whole hour inside. If you plan to go, bring your own gloves and probably boots.

Americus, Georgia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

Mrs. Kanga,

I would like to take my family of four to Ice World in two months. Do you know a web site and can you tell me whether Ice World is near the gondola rides and shopping mall? We don't want to walk a long distance since we will also be going to COD to catch the bubble show.

Manila
Level Contributor
47 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

The Ice World is within Venetian Hotel, nearer the foodcourt, and south suites. definitely, it's far from the bubble show.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

Need gloves? Now that is good to know. Will bring with us on our upcoming trip.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
676 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

I assumed that they would provide all the winter outfit, thanks for the advise that they don't provide gloves, will bring that along as well on our trip : )

Manila
Level Contributor
47 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

their jackets are warm enough. note that they don't give winter boots or gloves. i'm fine without the winter boots but the gloves should have been provided

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

do we need to pre-book the entrance tickets for the ice world or we can get them @ the box office on the spot.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

Seems you can just purchase at location prior to entering. From Venetian website they allow you to book in advance but also state that tickets sales continue until one hour before closing each day.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice World

Macau’s biggest ice wonderland is here! Experience a magical journey through different worlds and famous landmarks carved entirely of ice by talented Harbin artisans. Marvel at the magnificent carvings and relax in the cool Ice Bar while your kids ride the Slide Castle. Get chilled at Ice World today!

Further event information available at www.venetianmacao.com/iceworld

Notes:

Ticket sales stop one hour before doors close

Warm clothing is highly recommended

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

Thanks for your reply. So if I'm going on a weekend, the ice world will stop selling tickets @ 9pm. In this case, I will buy the tickets on the day itself as I will be going around 7pm.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to Ice World at Venetian? Worth going?

According to their terms and conditions, this seems reasonable. Macau does get busier on weekends so you might want to play it safe and buy your tickets earlier in the day, not sure if it really matters though.

We are off to Macau ourselves in a couple of weekends and will visit the Ice World. Will try to remember to post back to this forum thread with our ticket purchase experience.