We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau then to Guangzhou

Adelaide
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Macau then to Guangzhou

We will be in Macau and then wish to catch the return ferry to Hong Kong airport to enable us to catch a bus from outside the airport to Guangzhou. (Are we able to do this or do we have to be in transit and so not allowed to catch this airport ferry)

Is this the best option or should we return to Kowloon and catch the bus/train from there.

Sorry if this is already posted but there are so many mixed reviews and we are confused.

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau then to Guangzhou

You can't use the HK skypier unless you have a connecting flight elsewhere.

There are so many ways you can get to GZ from Macau. I found it easier to take the express bus from Macau airport, the bus go via Lotus gate and it is less crowded than Gongbei.

macau-airport.com/en/…05_cross_boarder_01.php

You can also take the express bus from Beverley Plaza Hotel/Metropark Hotel/Granview Hotel to GZ, bus depart every 20 mins between 1140-1440 daily, ticket can be purchased at CTS Macau.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau then to Guangzhou

From your above message does that mean the first bus to Guangzhou from the airport is at 12. And do you have to be there 120 mins before for this bus . Are you able to tell me approx how long to Guangzhou city it would take.

I am so pleased to have destination experts to advise us as I would have been catching the ferry back to Kowloon and then catching a bus/train not realizing i could go directly from Macau.

thankyou for your assistance

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau then to Guangzhou

@dianejoy, yep,as per the link from Macau airport.

around 2hours 20/30mins- road journey. So you have to factor in for immigration lines- expect longer lines when there are public holidays..where it could take 45-70minutes particularly for foreigners-limited lines for foreigners.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,601 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macau then to Guangzhou

If you are not already at the airport you do not need to return there! Catch a CTS bus as detailed by Taipo Babe above or go to Kee Kwan bus company at Pier 12 ( Masters Hotel).

5. Re: Macau then to Guangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 04:16