We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip planning

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip planning

We are family of 4 , 2 adults n 2 girls 13 and.10 yrs old coming to HKG on 8/12 to 12/12 . would like to do a day trip to see Macau. Basically would be interetsed in entertainment rather than sightseeing .

Please help to plan the route if below need to b seen

1. Ruins of st pauls cathedral

2 House of dancing waters

3 Dragon Treasure show

4 gandola at Venetian

5 tree of posperity

6 dragon of fortune

7 . Performance Lake

8 sounds and lights at wynn

Any other highlights which is a tourist must and which kids also would appreciate ?

Is it possible to cover these in a day ? For which places can we use free shuttle n from where to which attraction ?

Apart for HODW which shows need prior booking or has long queues .

Also is fast food easily available ?

We intend to come from HK in morning leave by night from Macau

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,919 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip planning

The HODW show requires advance booking and is only at night. Depending on how you plan to travel between these sites you could ft most of them in a very long day. There are Starbucks & Macdonalds in several places, including Senado Square but there is much nicer Maccanese/Chinese/Portugese food a vailable everywhere.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip planning

I dunno, for me I might dragon treasure and tree of posperity..etc while its something to see, I dont find it very special.

I would rather spend a bit more time on historical macau, then maybe some time at the venetian, then to the hodw show, then late night ferry back.

That would be a long day already.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,049 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip planning

Hello shanghaimum

Welcome to the Macau forum. Your list is manageable but I'd encourage at least 30-45 more minutes in the Senado Square to Ruins of St. Paul area as there around 15 attractions right there, you can see some of them rather quickly before moving on to the Wynn Hotel. Please have a look at this Macau Top Attractions list. It groups the major attractions into areas to assist with your planning.

Macau – Top Attractions

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26979-Macau_To…

Here is how I might structure the day based on what you want to see.

1.) HK to Macau (8am ferry), arrive in Macau 9am, out through immigration 9.30am.

2.) Breakfast at Margaret's (famous Macau place for egg tarts)

3.) Walk over to Historic City Center to visit Senado Square to Ruins of St. Paul.

4.) Go back to the Wynn Hotel to see (tree of prosperity, dragon of fortune and performing lakes. Performing lakes are every 15 minutes, the first two shows are in the main lobby, every 30 minutes and they alternate. See this review for a tip on how to see them all in just 40 minutes.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

5.) Make your way to the Venetian Hotel. There is a large food court there with many options for a meal. You can then spend time in the Canal area

6.) If finished by 2pm, take taxi to the Panda Pavilion to see the two cute pandas (just 10 minutes away by taxi). See link (w/pictures) if interested.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Afterwards, take taxi back to City of Dreams (about MOP40) for Dragon Treasure and House of Dancing Water shows

7.) If you finish at the Venetian around or after 3pm, just go straight to City of Dreams, walk across the street from Venetian to first watch the Dragon Treasure show (every 30 minutes), followed by the 5pm showing of House of Dancing Water. You'll be finished around 6.40pm and ready for dinner or your return ferry to Hong Kong. City of Dreams offers free shuttle service to the ferry terminals so you can catch it there. There are also fast food and Hard Rock Cafe dining options at City of Dreams.

Hope this is useful and that you have a nice day trip in Macau

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip planning

Thnx a ton .This really helps to plan .I love Trip advisor forum !!!

malaysia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip planning

hi, a quick question, i'm only able to spend 1 day in macau so i'm try to cover as much as i can, i would like to know the option to go to macau tower from senado square/st. paul ruins..the easiest besides taking a taxi..thanks in advance : )

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,049 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip planning

Hello zyedah

The buses that stop at the Macau Towers are 9A, 18, 21,23 and 32. You might be able to catch bus 18 near Senado Square but I can't recall exactly where. Also, you can walk down to the Grand Lisboa where there is a bus terminus and take a bus 9 and 32 from there. But..... this is probably not a great use of your limited time if you are only there for a single day and you won't save that much on fare but not taking a taxi, that would cost around MOP40-50.

7. Re: Day trip planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 06:15