We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,728 posts
5,777 reviews
Save Topic
Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

The Macau Hoteliers and Innkeepers Association with support from the Macau Tourism Board seems to have recently launched a new hotel booking website that features many of Macau's budget (low-cost) hotel and guesthouses. See link.

www.macau-budgethotels.org/index.do?lag=en_US

The website seems to be in a beta stage at present so it might take some time before it is fully functional. However, many budget hotels are listed along with contact phone numbers.

This website is supposed to allow direct online booking for its member budget hotels. Would be good if someone tries this and reports back on the process.

Penang Island...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

I do not how to start & ask :(

Planning to HK & Macau this coming november for 8days. Here is my itinerary

3d2n in disneyland HK(hotel booked)

3d2n in Macau (plan Galaxy hotel- any suggestion besides this hotel?)

& return to HK 3d2n for Ocean Water park before fly back to Penang

I will bring my 4kids 4-10yrs

Any suggestion for me coz what I want is only for kids! No need shopping, gambling all hehehehe.. Thx fren

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,728 posts
5,777 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

Hello risya398 (post 1),

Welcome to the Macau forum here on Tripadvisor

Please start a new post (thread) instead of posting to this thread. You can to this by clicking the yellow button 'Ask A Question' at the top of the Macau forum. Click the following link to return to the main Macau forum, where you will see the Yellow button.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g664891-i12409-Mac…

Will answer your question once posted correctly.

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

Dear Sir,

My wife and myself both 72 years old and will travelling to Macau 19th to 23rd May, 2014, we arriving at 9.15 pm and wish go direct to Xhu Hai to stay 3 nights and 1 night in Macau. Please advise whether we have ttime to go the Border town in time? Thank you, albert yow

Edited: 25 January 2014, 15:14
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,537 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

Albert Yow:

When you said "travelling to Macau", are you arriving by plane? Or ferry from Hong Kong?

In either case, you do have some time, but not much. The Gongbei border closes at midnight, The travel time from the airport or ferry terminal should be less than 30 minutes.

You can take a taxi, or bus AP1 (which goes from the airport, passes Macau Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal, then to Bongbei border ("PORTAS DO CERTO").

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

Dear sir, we are traveling by Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur, please recommend a hotel within the Rm 100/- per night within 2 Km from the Custom department . Thank you, regards albertyow

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,728 posts
5,777 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

albertyowsan,

Have you tried to use the Macau Budget Hotels link above to see what is available.

Unfortunately, Im not sure that there are rooms available in Macau for Rm 100 (MOP239) per night. The most basic rooms in Macau usually cost 2 or 3 times this amount. Do try the Budget Hotel Services provided here and potentially look into hotel search engines like www.hostels.com , www.hotels.com , www.hostelbookers.com . Perhaps you can find something that fits your price range but I would be ready to pay considerably more than Rm100 per night.

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

our planning to stay 3 nights in Zhiuhai and one (1) night in Macau, please advise the hotel at the border town? Thanks regards , albertyow

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,728 posts
5,777 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

You should visit the Zhuhai forums if information for that destination.

9. Re: Macau Budget Hotels Site - New Resource for Macau visitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:18