We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excess baggage

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excess baggage

Hello,

I need some help please. I will be visiting Hong/Kong then Macau in May, then onto Tokyo before heading back home to Kuwait. The flight from Macau to Tokyo only allows 20kg and I am pretty sure I will have more than that due to market shopping.

I would like to ship my shopping in a bag or box of around 10-20kg from Macau to Kuwait.

Please let me know which companies provide this service at a reasonable cost. Thank you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,443 posts
5,654 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excess baggage

Macau Post Office - shipping/forwarding service

ems.macaupost.gov.mo/Default.aspx?lang=en-us

FedEx - Macau

http://www.fedex.com/mo/

UPS Macau Shipping

www.ups.com/content/mo/en/contact/index.html

DHL Macau

dhl.com.kw/en/…weltpaket.html

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excess baggage

Thank you for your reply. Macau Post Office seems to be the most reasonable cost wise, but are there any other small local shipping companies?

Fedex, Ups and DHL prices are quite extravagant.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Melbourne, VIC
Level Contributor
375 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excess baggage

Take the tip from BradJill use macau post good price lot cheaper than fedex and ups,we send our extra back via hong-kong post when in h.k.we have found the post system very good.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Excess baggage

That is a relief to hear. Thank you.

Do you know if they will pick up from the hotel? If so will they provide the box then come later to pick up while you put your stuff inside or wait for you to do so on the spot. Or do you have to pick up the box and deliver it yourself?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,527 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excess baggage

IME you have to pick up the box yourself, although they will assemble it for you.

Another vote for the Macau PO - I have used it often and some of my colleagues have shipped all their belongings home at the end of their contracts in Zhuhai. The staff there have little cards on their desk showing which languages they speak too.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excess baggage

Better still than Macau Post, while still in Hong Kong, post off what you can from here :-) Although Macau Post staff are generally friendly and the service reliable, HK Post is much cheaper and generally more efficient.

7. Re: Excess baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:16