We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus numbers & fares

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bus numbers & fares

May I know please the bus we should take & the fare we should prepare for our Day 1 itinerary in Macau?

1. Metropole Hotel to Macau Tower

2. Macau Tower to Fisherman's wharf

3. Fisherman's wharf to Metropole Hotel

We'll be with seniors so routes with the least amount of walking would be best. Thank you :-)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus numbers & fares

My advice: take a taxi. With seniors, you don't want to press too hard. A few of you, bus fare total are not that far from taxi fare. (How many in your party?)

Especially from the leg: Macau Tower to Fisherman's Wharf. They are not that far apart. Maybe 2 km. Taxi fare is just the flag drop charge, pretty much.

That goes from Fisherman Wharf to Metropole too.

From Metropole to Macau Tower, 3 buses would work (9A, 23, 32). See this thread: Metropole and Grand Lisboa, about the same place. Walk to the bus stop "S Agostinho" (Calcada De Santo Agostinho).

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g664891-i12409-k74…

Map:

http://goo.gl/lFlx45

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bus numbers & fares

There are 5 of us & taking 2 taxis is not an option. Thank you for your reply, HappyFeet1234. I appreciate it :-)

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
974 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus numbers & fares

See if you can open google maps i used that alot to determine the bus to use for my travels in the cities

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus numbers & fares

Remember that the public buses are PUBLIC buses, and crowded with regular workers and shoppers. Particularly with routes that include the narrow, winding, one-way streets, the vehicles used are high wheel-base (so steep steps at the door and swaying a lot around corners) small vehicles with a capacity of <40 including standees: it can often be that you would not fit 5 new pax on at one stop.

Route 32 from Macau Tower should be OK, as you're starting from a terminus stop, and that is usually one of the larger, lower-slung buses.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus numbers & fares

RE: Google map for bus routes

Trust. But Verify!

I found that Google Map's bus route suggestions are good for the most part. But sometimes contain error. Or not entirely efficient.

To check for Macau bus route information:

www.dsat.gov.mo/bus/en/bus_service.aspx

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,938 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus numbers & fares

Why even bother with Fishermans' Wharf. IMO it should have been closed down several years ago as it is an embarassing eyesore.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus numbers & fares

In case you still want to go to The Fisherman's Wharf.

>> 2. Macau Tower to Fisherman's wharf <<

To walk there, 2.5km.

You can take bus 32, then walk about 300 meters.

Map:

http://goo.gl/DqVuzi

Board from the Macau Tower bus terminus. Alight at stop "Instituto Politecnico" (M70).

= = = = =

>> 3. Fisherman's wharf to Metropole Hotel <<

You can take bus either 3A or 10A

Board:

M264: Avenida Dr. Sun Yat-Sen / Macau Fisherman's Wharf

Alight:

M171: Central Area / Infante D. Henrique (Centro / Infante D. Henrique)

Map:

http://goo.gl/x85Zo8

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: bus numbers & fares

Hoben01 – thank you for your suggestion.

Oisaan – will keep your comment in mind, thank you.

Zhuhai2007 – I was there in 2010 and liked the place. However, with your comment, I did some research. It seems that it now isn't what it used to be. Was hoping to have dinner there. Have to find an alternative just in case. Thanks.

HappyFeet1234 – thank you again. Your additional comments re: buses to take, especially on where to board and alight will be extremely helpful. May you continue on helping many clueless travelers :-)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bus numbers & fares

Hi,

in case the bus fares bit has been missed, though it is the same as when you were here in year 2010,as the last fare was increased in 1 Dec 2008.

it is flat fare of MOP3.20 for bus journeys within Macau Peninsula.

Well enjoy it,who knows, with the unfreezing ,(last year sometime in April) of the ban on bus fare increases..though well in Macau, let them do their evaluation mechanism..take time

Edited: 04 June 2014, 06:43
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: bus numbers & fares

Hi, mKiaratravel. So, it's 3.20/person/way. Thanks a lot :-)