We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

preserved beef

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quezon City...
Level Contributor
213 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
preserved beef

can you tell me the price of beef jerky in senado?is that per kilo?the pics i see are in chinese.

how about an egg tart?i might fill up my baggage allowance with beef jerky if i won't do any shopping....

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: preserved beef

Don't take egg tarts home in your baggage. They get soggy in only a few hours and are no longer tasty. Almond cookies are a better thing to take home in the "sweets" department. .

The preserved meat sheets, beef and pork, travel well. Wide price range in every stall depending on the variety purchased. A good idea to check customs regulations.

None of it is very expensive. It doesn't keep for extended time periods (gets moldy) but is still good for a month or two in a warm climate such as Cebu. (Not longer.)

Edited: 28 June 2014, 21:38
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: preserved beef

>>>beef jerky (prices) in senado?<<<

Koi Kei bakery prices are (per 100 gm) I believe. There is a wide range of prices depending on the meat and variety, seems the range is between MOP45 to MOP99 per 100gm. Other bakeries have similar prices.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
213 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: preserved beef

price of bee cheng hian (singaporean)preserved beef in manila is 1900 peso per kilo. thats 30hkd per 100g. there are other makers with only 15hkd price mostly in chinatown...perhaps the taste is different.....

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
5,330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: preserved beef

Price levels in Manila are much lower, across the board, much to do with the very high commercial rent space here. Interestingly, you can buy Lord Stow's egg tarts in Manila much cheaper than what we have in Macau and Hong Kong. Have tried those at Greenbelt in Makati as well as SM Mall of Asia by the bay, they are not as good.

Bee Cheng Hiang has a branch in Macau as well but it is not as good as what you find in Singapore. Seems the further products travel away from home, the less impressive they taste.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: preserved beef

Hi,

sold by per pound.(which is around 453.6grammes)

6. Re: preserved beef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:17