We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days, 1 night in Macau

Watford, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
2 days, 1 night in Macau

I got some great advice from this forum (and the HK one) last year and am back to ask for your help again!

I didn't make it HK or Macau in the end last year..

However we are flying out to HK later tonight and have already booked at the Royal Macau for one night next week

What we'd like to know is where is good nearby that would be suitable for a decent breakfast (the hotel price was a bit too much!)? What about restaurants etc for the evening? What is on offer??

Also can we use or HK$ or do we need to change to MOP?

Lastly, is it easy to get to the south island (Taipa etc), I read it's by bus? Is it easy to work out? Is it worth it??

We are thinking of doing the big touristy things on the first day when we arrive, St Paul's Ruins, Sendo Square etc.. and obviously we are staying near Guia Fort/hill (I believe!).

Is it easy to get to A-Ma Temple?

Thanks all :)

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,663 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days, 1 night in Macau

Yes Hotel Royal is near Guia Fort.

Re: Breakfast

One way is to walk around the hotel a little bit when you arrive and see if you find anything that strikes your fancy. Check on their menus. It is a residential neighborhood. There bounds to be something.

The famous Margaret's Cafe (Portuguese egg tarts and breakfast, coffee) is about 750 meters away if you want to walk there. Here is the map:

https://goo.gl/maps/fni0w

Hong Kong dollars should be okay in most places.

A-Ma Temple from your hotel would be about 1 hour by walking. Or take a taxi.

From your hotel, going to the Taipa/Cotai areas, you can take bus 25 or 25X. Fare MOP 6.4. Need to walk 1 short block to the bus stop. Bus stop to use is:

(M270) PAVILHÃO POLIDESPORTIVO TAP SEAC

Bus stop to alight depends on where you are going. If The Venetian Hotel, then:

(T375) EST. DO ISTMO/ CITY OF DREAMS

Here's the map:

https://goo.gl/maps/q11mv

The ride takes about 40 minutes?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,768 posts
5,788 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days, 1 night in Macau

Breakfast nearby: Near the mentioned Margaret's Cafe, we also like Caravelas (see link).

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g664891-d1…

There are other places, fast food, coffee shops and bakeries around Senado Square you find as well.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,768 posts
5,788 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days, 1 night in Macau

>>.What about restaurants etc for the evening? What is on offer??<<<

Have a look at this list. We provide a few restaurants that we like around the Historic City Centre.

Macau – Top Attractions (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26979-Macau_To…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,768 posts
5,788 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days, 1 night in Macau

>>>Lastly, is it easy to get to the south island (Taipa etc), I read it's by bus? Is it easy to work out? Is it worth it??<<<

HPFT1234 has provided transport information. Is it worth visiting? Very much depends on your interests and time. You can certainly spend your entire time on the peninsula, especially if you like the World Heritage buildings and museums there. There are nice districts and areas on the peninsula that are very nice to visit, like St. Lazarus so you don't have to to go to Taipa just to see something new and/or different.

However, there is some nice stuff to so/see/eat there as well so you may want to consider it. See the trip list provided above. It provides a list of some attractions worth seeing in and around Taipa.

5. Re: 2 days, 1 night in Macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 07:16