We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turbo ferry

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
333 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
turbo ferry

Flight arrives HKG at 230pm Any possibility we can make the 330 turbojet ferry departure

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turbo ferry

Simple answer is Maybe (but probably No).

No-one can tell you for certain if you can or can't - but i would guess that time is against you.

Depends if your plane is on time, what gate you arrive at (that can be an extra 15 minutes), how quickly you can make it through Customs and the weather (how quickly you can get your bags).

You don't need to book your ferry, you can do it all "on-the-fly", so you can get to the ferry with 15 minutes to go if plenty of time.

If I was you, I would plan on the next ferry, but consider it a bonus if your plane lands early and everything was working in your favour.

Play it by ear ....

Some others might have other experience/advice, but don't worry yourself too much - you will get there, even if it is 2 hours later.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
333 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turbo ferry

I thought you did not have to clear customs if you went right to Turbo Ferry????

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: turbo ferry

When there is a ferry every 30 minutes why specific to 3.30 ones, avoid risk.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
333 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: turbo ferry

I dont believe that is the case

The turbojet from the airport direct is a very limited schedule

If i'm wrong tell me

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,711 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: turbo ferry

TurbojetSeaexpress does have a 1530 service direct from HKIA to Macau, so if your flight comes in on time, Firecat46, there shouldn't be any problem making the connection.

The next service is at 1725. If your flight arrives too late for the earlier service but before about 1630, it would probably be quicker to catch the Airport Express to Kowloon or HK station and catch First Ferry or Turbojet respectively, but if you've had enough travel stress already you might prefer to wait for the later boat and save yourselves a connection.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
333 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: turbo ferry

Thanks fpr the reply

7. Re: turbo ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Macau
Recent Conversations