We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau to Guangzhou

Kuching, Sarawak...
1 post
Save Topic
Macau to Guangzhou

I am a Malaysian lady who is planning to fly from kuala lumpur to Macau in March 2006. I would like to know, how to get to Guangzhou from Macau? Is it by boat, bus or train? would appreciate some information asap.

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
malaysia
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

after checking out of the airport, there is a public bus stop ( the airport is very small and u can easily saw the bus stop sign ), q up and wait for bus no AP1 which cost MOP 3.3. This bus route take about 45 minutes to reach the custom name Kwan Chap ( macau side ). The bus route is good for the first timer to macau, as it go around the macau to fetch passanger and the custom will be the last stop.

Alternative u can take a cab to the custom, it cost abt MOP 50 and take only 10 minutes. In the macau immi buildind just Q up to depature to china, after u have clear the macau side just follow the sign and walk to the another building opposite , just follow the crowd and clear the china immi side, after u have clear it, walk immediate to the basement and purchase a bus ticket to GZ, veery half hour will be a bus.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

Take a cab from the airport to the Grandview Hotel in Taipa, less than 25 MOP. There you can buy a ticket to Guangzhou and other points in the PRC. It is easier than crossing the Gongbei and catching a bus on the other side of the border in Zhuhai. the bus will take you across the Lotus Bridge where you will go through customs and change to a larger coach. The bus will drop you off at several centrally located hotels in GZ.

Mentioned in this post
Grandview Hotel
Grandview Hotel
308 Reviews
Macau, China
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Zhuhai
Zhuhai
Guangdong, China
Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

How long is the jorney? coach condition? safe? I've the same plan as tintong, but with several old folks. Its that convenient to carry our luggages across the border/immi checks ?

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

It is quite a long(200M at least) walk between Macau/China immigration, some challenge to the old folks. Once you enter China, the signs are so confusing, you have to pass through lots of touts before getting to the bus station at the basement, even then, there are lots of strange looking people hanging in front of the ticket counter, welcome to China.

I prefer taking the coach from Macao.

www.ctsmacau.com/mcar/htm/northtable.htm

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

The bus takes about 3 hours, depending on traffic. Immigration at the Lotus Bridge is a breeze. You do have to wheel your bags through to transfer to the other bus, but no lines, easy in and out.

The coach is a very comfortable coach. Not like taking the local bus from Sihui. AC, clean, relatively plush. I don't recall if it had a toilet, though.

An easy trip right to the center of Guangzhou. What I like is that it doesn't go to one of the bus stations, which are a mass of people, porters, pickpockets and touts. Get off at a hotel and jump in a cab to your final destination.

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Kuala Lumpur
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

There is a regularly bus from between Zuhai -- GZ for ar RMB70, if u dont mind croos the immigration between Zuhai/Macau by foot. (note : the immigration close at 12 midnite till 8.30am).

If u insist to arr Macau by bus, bus from Garden Hotel at GZ to Macau airport, but max 2 times daily.

i hope this will be helpfull as these details were from my personally experience at 2005. The immigtration facilities is much better that JB/Sin .

Lim

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Macau Airport
Macau Airport
Macau, China
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

has anyone heard that the Lotus crossing will be closed for maintenance for a year from september 2005 - so much for the easier way to get across - from comments above.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

Lotus Bridge was open when I was there last month. I will probably cross over via it next week as well. Assuming it is open. I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

florida & QC
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

Dababa,

I am doing the same route, KUL - Macau - Guangzhou. Plan to spend 2N at the Grandview hotel in Taipa. Your advice to take taxi from the airport to Grandview hotel for 25MOP.

Question: Do I still need to take a cab (50MOP) to the immigration building to clear custom first? Then take another cab (25MOP) to the hotel? Or take only 1 cab directly to the hotel as your suggestion?

I am not so clear as reading the previous poster .... can you clarify

<<...Alternative u can take a cab to the custom, it cost abt MOP 50 and take only 10 minutes. In the macau immi buildind just Q up to depature to china, after u have clear the macau side just follow the sign and walk to the another building opposite , just follow the crowd and clear the china immi side, after u have clear it, walk immediate to the basement and purchase a bus ticket to GZ, veery half hour will be a bus...>>

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Grandview Hotel
Grandview Hotel
308 Reviews
Macau, China
10. Re: Macau to Guangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Macau
Recent Conversations