We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September - tricky weather

Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
September - tricky weather

Myself and my husband are planning a trip to Sri-Lanka, Malaysia & Indonesia for the last 2x weeks of September and the first week of October. We'll be in Sri-Lanka for the 1st week of this (3rd week in September) and plan on doing a couple of days North-central - Habarana - and then don't know whether to stay North cos of the threat of bad weather or go South where there seem to be more resorts and risk being rained on! Anyone travelled to the South of Sri-Lanka in September?

Also, any tips on how to travel from Columbo to Habarana, how much would a taxi cost, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Habarana
Habarana
North Central Province, Sri Lanka
Habarana Village by Cinnamon
Habarana Village by Cinnamon
#2 of 11 hotels in Habarana
Levona Garden Resort
Levona Garden Resort
#3 of 11 hotels in Habarana
Oak Ray Elephant lake
Oak Ray Elephant lake
#6 of 11 hotels in Habarana
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,194 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September - tricky weather

Hi there,

Strange info you have. The first signs of the east monsoon _could_ start 2nd week of October and not before that. So both Triangle and East Coast should be great then. South coast too but with the odd shower later in the day, and sea too rough to swim. General overview here

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c176578/Sri-L…

Colombo-Habarana takes about 5 hours by cab and for a one-way transfer that's around Rs 14,000.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
Habarana
Habarana
Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September - tricky weather

Erik & Sandya,

Thanks for the info. Looks like we'll be heading South after Habarana! :)

Hmmm, 14,000 - looks like about £160. :( Don't suppose you have any better ideas on the travel front? Sorry, I know I'm being cheeky, I'm just so excited!

Many Thanks,

Toni

Mentioned in this post
Habarana
Habarana
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September - tricky weather

With the current exchange rates LKR 14,000 is approx. GBP 74.

Hans

Level Contributor
14 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September - tricky weather

Ha ha. Ok, I'm a plonker! I looked at what was obviously a crap exchange website! I promise I'm not usually such an idiot! Thank you Hans!

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September - tricky weather

Hi Toni....

No, not a Plonker, maybe you were looking at exchange rates for the Indian Rupee ?, which is "roughly" half the amount to the Pound of the Sri Lankan Rupee ! :-)

Regards

Dave

6. Re: September - tricky weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Habarana