We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cultural triangle base and scooter

Enschede, The...
4 posts
Save Topic
Cultural triangle base and scooter

Hi,

We're going to Sri Lanka next month and I was wondering if it's possible to do (part of the) cultural triangle with a motorbike (scooter: under 49cc)as transportation between the sites?

From Habarana (I've read this is a nice central place?) it's about 13km to Sigiriya, 25 km to Dambulla, 45 km to Polonnaruwa, 77km to Anuradhapura. So it seems that it should be possible. However, I have no idea how long this would take and if it's even possible to rent motorbikes and helmets there. And is it legal to ride one with a Dutch license (and international permit)?

Really hope to hear from someone!

Thanks,

Nicky

Mentioned in this post
Habarana
Habarana
North Central Province, Sri Lanka
Sigiriya
Sigiriya
Central Province, Sri Lanka
Dambulla
Dambulla
Polonnaruwa
Polonnaruwa
1,664 Reviews
Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka
Anuradhapura
Anuradhapura
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,200 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cultural triangle base and scooter

Hi Nicky,

Yes it's feasible, IF you trust selfdriving in the crazy traffic there. As far as I know for motorbike too first you must endorse your International Driving License at the AA in Colombo, otherwise not valid in Lanka. Dambulla or Habarana are the most central bases, with Dambulla giving more chance of finding bikes to rent.

Groetjes,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
Dambulla
Dambulla
Habarana
Habarana
Bentota, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
523 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cultural triangle base and scooter

Hi

I doubt that finding any bikes around Dambulla/Habarana area.

Mentioned in this post
Dambulla
Dambulla
Habarana
Habarana
3. Re: Cultural triangle base and scooter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 09:15
Get answers to your questions about Habarana