We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ciarettes

Which Kos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
belfast
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
ciarettes

Can you purchase Silk Cut cigs out in Kos? Or where/when is the best bargain? what makes do they stock? B&H? Prices here are nearly enough to make you stop! Also are there ATMs in Kos town?

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ciarettes

the price of cigs is almost the same price as here now and in kos town centre their is a lot of cig and booze shops also all the supermarkets have them they cost the same price where ever you purchase them they sell all brands also their is quite a few atms in the centre

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,403 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ciarettes

>>the price of cigs is almost the same price as here now<<

You are joking?

docbelfast, cigarette prices vary between 2.40-4 euro, depending on the brand. Most International makes such as SilkCut, Marlboro, B&H etc are 3.70-4 euro.

No point in shopping around, the price is set by the government & marked on the packets. The only time you will find any variation is if a shop has old stock marked with a price prior to the last increase.

Cairo
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ciarettes

Hi there

Welcome to Kos TA Forum.

All major international brands are available in Kos including Silk Cut and B&H. An individual pack of 20 is currently between Euro 3.8-4.10 from kiosks and mini/supermarkets.

However better buys can be found at the discount "duty free" stores for a cartouche of 200. There are three that I know within a couple hundreds meters of each other. One is located on the small square with the fountain looking to the harbour next to the Coffer House, another after the small cafe called Billy's is located on the corner of Riga Fereou and Alex Ipsilandou Street (I think it is called Michaelangelo which has the biggest selection of the three) and then the third on the corner of Alex Ipsilandou and 25 Maritou Streets. When comparing the price of the brands of whiskey, ouzo, Metaxaa and More cigarettes we find the second (Michaelangelou) to be the cheaper. Anyway, as they are all near to each other it is easy to compare the prices before to buy.

There are many ATM's dotted around the town center. Alpha Bank on the harbour front. The National Bank of Greece is just 50 meters up from the harbour on P. Ioannidi Street, just behind the Kos museum, there is a hole-in-the-wall ATM 20 meters to the right of McDonald's on Elefthereias Square next to the Old Wall Gateway which leads to Bar Street. On the main shopping street El. Venizelou there is another branch of Alpha Bank on the right just before the hospital and the Agricultural Bank of Greece some 50 meters after the hospital on the left at the intersection with Corai and Artemisias Street in front of the Mona Lisa Cafe. So plenty to choose from.

Happy Hols.

Cleo

Edited: 30 June 2011, 08:08
Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ciarettes

hi i might be worth buying your cigs on the plane going over £24 for 200 or a carton of 400 i think was 34

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ciarettes

were abouts are you going in kos as there are a few outside kos town going towards lambi

christine

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ciarettes

Roughly how much is it for a box of 200? B&H or Embassy No. 1

C

heers

Reanne

north east england
Level Contributor
438 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ciarettes

Hi I paid 36 euro for 200 lambert and butlers last week in a supermarket near Kos Town...prices were much the same everywhere.

belfast
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ciarettes

Thanks for all info. Stayin at pelagos apart lambi. Best bet for cigs seems to b plane

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ciarettes

It depends on the quantity you are looking to buy. I'm sure that those who buy fags from Greece know the exact numbers but last time I checked you could buy only 2 cartons from plane/duty free while you were allowed to bring back around 10 cartons in your checked luggage.

Edited: 02 July 2011, 12:33
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,403 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ciarettes

There is no duty free within the EU so the plane is not an option.

Guidelines say you can take up to 3200 home with you (16 cartons) for your own use, so only take one brand, a mixture is always (usually correctly) that you are taking them for family, friends or to sell on.

Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations