We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train station /bus

england
Level Contributor
549 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Train station /bus

I am thinking and I say only thinking of going to Pontins at Brean Sands as reviews not very good, but just in case please can you inform me which is the nearest train station Burnham or Weston and how many miles away are they form Pontins.

Also is there a bus from Weston to Pontins and how long does it take.

Thank you

Sue

9 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,618 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train station /bus

There is a bus 21 that runs hourly between Weston-super-Mare (Regent Street) and Brean Leisure Park. It continues to Burnham-on-sea, Bridgwater and Taunton.

The nearest rail station is technically Highbridge although that only has a limited service, you have more services at Weston-super-Mare. Burnham-on-sea hasn't been served by regular passenger trains since 1951.

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

busesofsomerset.co.uk/pdfs/…somersetjan14.pdf

firstgroup.com/ukbus/bristol_bath/assets/pdf…

Edited: 27 March 2014, 10:20
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,283 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train station /bus

Brean is a tricky place to get to. I have been to the Pointins there a couple of years ago for a dance festival. Not the cleanest place but the atmosphere was good and the pool nice. Be sure to take all your supplies/food with you as there is little in the way of stuff to buy there.

england
Level Contributor
549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train station /bus

thank you for your help how many miles are the two stations away from pontins so i work out rough price for a taxi. thank you Suef

Brighton & Hove
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train station /bus

I am thinking of going to Brean Sands for a 60's weekend (Unity resort) in November, and wondered which is the nearest railway station.

I am disabled and can't walk far, so nearest, quickest and easiest way of travel would help me a lot if anyone knows ?

Would it be easier to go by National Express from Brighton to Brean Sands ?

Also the 700 Stagecoach bus runs from Brighton right down to Portsmouth - would that be of any help to me (financially, I mean - it's free for me as I'm old !!!) How far is Brean Sands from Portsmouth and how would you get there ?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,618 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train station /bus

>>> How far is Brean Sands from Portsmouth and how would you get there ? <<<

Brighton to Portsmouth - well, you're about a quarter of the way there.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 23:51
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train station /bus

Maria - Portsmouth-Brean is about 100 miles (Brighton - Brean is 150). The only sensible way of doing this trip is as follows:

Train 1 - Brighton - Bristol (departing Brighton at about 0900)

Train 2 - Bristol - Weston-super-Mare

Then by bus 21 to Brean

The total journey will take you about 5 hours. I wouldn't try to use the Coastliner bus for part of this as it would take you a great deal longer. I also do not think that National Express will be of any help as there are no Nat X coaches that run from Brighton towards Bristol.

Phil-the-Bus

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Train station /bus

many miles is it in a taxi from highbridge train station to Sandy glade holiday park as we are going to stay there in April.

sheffield
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train station /bus

I'm goin in November for comedy legends weekend phoned them up at Brean sands nearest station weston -super-mare then 25 mins by bus to site

Edited: 21 June 2016, 10:29
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train station /bus

This is rather an old thread but in case anyone else is referring to it, the bus from Weston super Mare to Brean & Burnham is service 20, which picks up on Neva Road by the side of Weston Rail station - see https:/…coast-20-weston-brean-berrow-burnham for more information.

Also note that there is no longer a bus from Taunton or Bridgwater direct to Brean - you have to change buses at Burnham-on-Sea,

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 21 June 2016, 13:52
Reply to: Train station /bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Burnham-On-Sea
Recent Conversations
More Burnham-On-Sea Topics