We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

hi, everyone. My family are travelling to boracay, the cheapest flight we got is arriving 710pm. I am looking for a cheap budget hotel walking distance from and to airport. I have read the reviews of airport line pension house and R&B, which is nearer?which is cheaper?which has got better rooms?we would like to book aircon rooms as its hot in the philippines.

any comment or suggestion is appreciated.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

Why waste a night in Kalibo and not proceed straight to Boracay after landing?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

yes, its more than possible. dont waste a night.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,337 posts
1,910 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

Only you can decide whether you want to make it to Boracay that evening or whether you want to rest freshen up up and start your trip to Caticlan in the morning. You would arrive into Boracay quite late anyway.

I would personally probably stay in Kalibo for the evening but its really your call.

Tommo

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

There are several small air-conditioned budget hotels in Kalibo that are in the P700 - P3,000 per night range (Marsons, Kalibo Hotel, Ati-Atihan Festival, etc). If you are arriving at night in Kalibo after spending several hours from an overseas flight, it makes more sense to spend the night in Kalibo rather than take another 3-4 hours on the road getting to your hotel in Boracay in the dark especially if you have never been there before. You can charter a tricycle at the airport for P100 and it will take you to your hotel of choice in Kalibo which is only 3km away from the airport. Otherwise if you are arriving in Kalibo at 7pm, expect to arrive in your hotel around 10pm or later (30 minutes to get your luggage and waiting time for van to leave, 1.5 hour van ride to Caticlan in the dark, 30minutes to catch a boat and cross to Boracay if you are lucky to catch a boat leaving right away, 10-20 minutes ride to your hotel from Cagban or Tambisaan port jetty in Boracay. Definitely your choice whether you want to take the challenge or rest up in Kalibo. Enjoy Boracay and best wishes....

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

Kalibo is a dull, grubby little town with no good eateries or decent entertainment at night that I have ever seen. In my opinion, don't waste a minute of your Boracay time. Look up Southwest Tours online. They will meet you at the airport. The van ride takes roughly 1.5 hours to Caticlan Jetty Port. The boat trip to the island is 10 to 15 minutes approx. As you are not arriving super late in Kalibo, why not make the most of your evening and get where you are aiming to go? That way, you wake up fresh and happy with a whole day of Boracay in front of you. :)

las vegas
Level Contributor
604 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

The OP is in a group of 5 with a 4 year old toddler.That would be a very uncomfortable situation to head out straight to Boracay late in the Evening without any room reservation.If she's by herself,I'd say go for it.Take into consideration the fact that by the time they'll arrive in Boracay it would be around 10pm or later.

It makes no sense whatsoever to arrive late in Boracay and look for affordable rooms and pay the full price for few hours.

There are options in Kalibo and definitely cheaper than Boracay.The money you'll save can be used towards food or fun activities in Boracay,Plus it's way better to travel by Van or Bus during the day....more relaxed and stress free.

http://www.kalibo-hotel.com/

http://wikitravel.org/en/Kalibo

Enjoy your trip!!!!!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

I didn't notice anything in the OP that said she has no reservation in Boracay. If that's the case, why not make one, even if just for the night, and look for another place in the morning if you are not keen on your first choice? Southwest Tours will collect you from the airport and take you directly to your Boracay hotel. If you have flown all the way from England and have a limited amount of time to spend in Boracay, why waste any of it spending the night in Kalibo? I wouldn't. Finish the journey and go all the way. Kalibo is NOT a fun place to spend the night.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

Ah. In her other thread, the OP states that she has already booked and confirmed rooms at Marzon Resort, Boracay. Go online and book an airport transfer (bus and boat to Boracay) from Kalibo direct to your resort with Southwest Tours. It isn't expensive.

Edited: 19 October 2012, 03:54
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

Marzon and Southwest are the same company, so have Marzon do the transfers.

Dont stay in Kalibo, most seasoned travelers or tourists will not do that. Its great to wake up on Boracay, even if tired you are home on the beach to rest as you see fit rather than to travel another day again. This is especially true with a child in tow.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap overnight stay nearest kalibo airport

hi,guys, thanks for all your advice. Just to be clear, I have already stayed in Manila for few days before our boracay trip. yes, I have a 4 year old daughter, and yes, I am budget conscious.I have booked Marzon for 2 nights only. It will work up cheaper getting a later flight to Kalibo and stay there for few hours to be refreshed for the travel to boracay in the morning. At least in the morning, we are only minutes away from southwest pick up point. and will enjoy the scenery while we are travelling. My 4 year old loves public transport, as she is getting bored being always in car.

So the question is... which budget hotel is nearest to Kalibo airport ?