We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bernina Express from Tirano

Swansea
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bernina Express from Tirano

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place

I am a complete novice when comes to Switzerland. I have been given some excellent ideas when it comes to planning my itinerary one being to take the Bernina Express from Tirano-St Moritz as we are flying into Milan.

I have searched but can't find the info I need.

Does the train only go once a day?

Where can I book the tickets from please?

Is it possible to travel from Milan the same morning as our journey on the Express or would it be better to stay overnight in Tirano.

Thank you

webeagle12
Level Contributor
136 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bernina Express from Tirano

Trains departing to St.Moritz pretty much every hour. Use http://www.sbb.ch/en/ to look up a schedule.

If you want to book a special tourist trains with big windows (reservations required) use this site

http://www.rhb.ch/Ticket-Shop.21.0.html?&L=4

Yes it is possible to go from Milan to St.Moritz in one day. I'm actually traveling from Florence to St.Moritz in one day.

Swansea
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bernina Express from Tirano

Thank you :)

Since posting i have been given even more good advice.

Bunbury
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bernina Express from Tirano

I too would like some more information if possible.

The site rhb...>>> offers ticket on the glacier express is this another train that leaves St. Moritz for the glacier.

We are staying in Sondrio.... can this Red Train Bernina be done from Sondrio and back to Sondrio that evening? or is it advisable to book accomodation (Tirano) - leave luggage and arrive back at Tirano that evening.

Unfortunately it appears I will need this spelt out for me :-(

Edited: 19 May 2011, 11:20
webeagle12
Level Contributor
136 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bernina Express from Tirano

Yes Bernina Express can be done from Sondrio in one day. It's will be a long day but it can be done. I would advise that you rent a room in St.Moritz for a night in order not to rush through and enjoy a quite evening by St.Moritz lake. Or you can go up to Muottas Muragl in evening while you in St.Moritz and enjoy food and views.

As far as "other train" goes, that train called Glacier Express which runs from St.Moritz to Zermatt through Brig. It's a 8 hour journey ONE WAY.

5. Re: Bernina Express from Tirano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 06:17