We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for trains from Milan to Tirano

Chennai
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Tickets for trains from Milan to Tirano

Hi,

I have been looking for tickets from Venice to Tirano to catch the Bernina Express to Chur. When I was looking online for possible routes, I found people recommending taking a train from Venice - Milan and then from Milan to Tirano. While I can find trains between Venice - Milan, I am not able to find any train between Milan - Tirano.

I've already tried sbb.ch. This website provide a link to a train, but when I attempt to buy, it says, the tickets cannot be purchased.

I've also tried www.fsitaliane.it/homepage_en.html, http://raileurope.co.in/

But no luck so far.

Can you please recommend a site where I can book tickets from Milan to Tirano?

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for trains from Milan to Tirano

I belive that's a regional train and you just buy tickets the day you want to travel or maybe the day before if you want; we took that train [getting out at Lecco] and just bought the tickets the day before.

Chennai
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for trains from Milan to Tirano

Oh, thanks. I thought so. I hope I get tickets and it won't be too late.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,627 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for trains from Milan to Tirano

It can't be too late. These trains have no reserved seats so cannot sell out.

The times of trains until June 8 can be seen on http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html and to see fares you must use a date this week as tickets are NA online more than seven days in advance. Buy in Italy.

Tickets bought in Italy are OK on any train for two months until validated, and must be validated (time/date-stamped) before boarding train.

Edited: 25 March 2013, 08:53
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,750 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for trains from Milan to Tirano

>>I hope I get tickets and it won't be too late.<<

It cannot be too late. These trains have no seat reservations and tickets cannot sell out. If there are more passengers than there are seats, people have to stand. This would be unusual.

5. Re: Tickets for trains from Milan to Tirano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 05:15