We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early September

Essex
Level Contributor
286 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Early September

Unfortunately, my wife has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, but at least the signs seem very positive of a good outcome. We have had to cancel our 2nd July trip but would love to get there this year to recuperate so we are looking at early September as an option. As it's towards the end of the season, what can I expect weatherwise and are all the restaurants open as normal. Thanks in advance.

Tis Marias o Kafenes
££ - £££, Mediterranean, Greek
Kalogria Restaurant
££ - £££, Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
To Steki
£, Cafe, Mediterranean, Greek
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early September

September is a wonderful month to visit stoupa. Everything is open, it still has the same relaxed welcoming vibe. The water is warm, the weather is just starting to cool but still pleasantly hot or very warm. In my opinion its possibly the best month. We were there September last year but unfortunately couldn't get the apartment we wanted so are going end August to 3rd September. I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Unfortunately my family are in a similar situation with my DiL. A stoupa holiday will be just place for convalescence.

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early September

I think September will be ideal for you both, last year we went in early October & everything was open & the weather was gorgeous, so if you are a month earlier I'm sure you'll love it.

Best wishes to your wife & hope it turns out to be as good as it sounds for her.

Aberdare
Level Contributor
167 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early September

September is best time in Stoupa, sea is warm ,not to busy, the odd storm, A very bad one last year but that's life. I go every year for three weeks can't wait,as my wife will be recovering after having new knee. The tavern owners are a bit tired after a long season but lovely people. Best wishes to you and your wife. I am always in Mango bar. Welch Howard is the name . We have drink.

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
manchester
Level Contributor
318 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early September

Have been going to Stoupa for many years and have visited different months but September has always been our favourite month a bit quieter but everywhere still open and the sea is lovely and warm. The weather apart from odd thunderstorms has always been really good in September. Best wishes to your wife and Stoupa must be one of the best places to go and relax and recuperate. We are going in June this year 4 weeks to go cannot wait.

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early September

So sorry to hear about you wife and glad there's a positive outlook. Sending our love.

Like the others have said, September will be a lovely time to visit.

Essex
Level Contributor
286 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early September

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. We will wait nearer the time and hopefully get our Stoupa fix in September. It's what the doctor ordered!

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,827 posts
596 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early September

Telboy hope your wife is on the mend soon, I am sure some time in Stoupa will do her the world of good.

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Berkshire
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early September

I agree that September in Stoupa is lovely. I'm going this year on 9th September.

I had breast cancer myself several years ago so I can appreciate what your wife is going through. If she has a September holiday in Stoupa to look forward to it will help her to get through all that boring treatment. Very best wishes to both of you.

Edited: 23 May 2017, 22:42
Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early September

We were there 28th August last year for two weeks and the resort was just at the right chilled out vibe. Still open and still warm :) We were there for horrendous thunderstorm!! Going back this year on 10th September

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
218 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Early September

10th of September for us to. We are here now for 1 week. September is warmer than the weather at the moment. Evenings are a bit cool now need a light jacket or cardigan. Still lovely though.

Josie

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa