We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stoupa

Which Stoupa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Stoupa

Hi Guys,I want to go to Stoupa next year but can anyone tell me which is the best travel package company to go with!!Or would it be better to arrange the holiday myself??

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stoupa

Fairly difficult and very expensive to arrange yourselves. Thomas Cook have the monopoly on packages (boo hoo) but Direct Greece, Olympic and Greek Options also have places. Have used all of these myself and all have been good.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stoupa

Cheers for that Carol,Have looked at Thomas Cook but could not get any holidays to show up with them!Never mind i will maybe give Olympic another go-Have you any tips on apartments good and bad one's-Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post-Paul

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stoupa

Paul try the 'Manos' part of Thomas Cook, most come under that name & in that brochure, by far the widest choice available.

Just about all the accommodation is good, the choice will depend on what's most important to you. Is a pool needed? Location (proximity to beach/tavernas etc)?

The one other thing, how many people? Much of the accommodation is geared to couples, so if you are a family there will be less options.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stoupa

Just a note on arranging it yourself, it is actually simple. It works out expensive flight only to Kalamata, but there are many cheap flights to Athens. This is a really good option, especially if you intend having a car, it's a very straightforward drive down. This isn't for everyone, but many do it & prefer it, depends on your holiday style & choices.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stoupa

Manos brochure online,

brochure-store.co.uk/Brochures/…Pages202

As Carol says, they largely have the monopoly, but do check the others out. Also, if you want more info on DIY just ask.

Edited: 19 November 2011, 17:33
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stoupa

Also Sunvil do a package in a very small way Paul

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stoupa

Many thanks Yiassas and Delboy for all your advice it is greatly appreciated-Just the two of us going and don't need a pool as i prefer swimming in the sea!!Will check out Manos-Thanks again-

Paul

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stoupa

Hi,Well we have finally taken the plunge and booked with Manos!Today i have just heard that Thomas Cook are closing down 4 travel shops in our town so hoping that this is not a bad sign!Anyway we are now booked as i said and staying at the Villa Kosta which gets really good reviews on Trip Adviser-I cannot wait to arrive in Stoupa now as there are so many people leaving great reviews after enjoying holidays there-

Thanks to everyone who took the time to give me advice and finally

i would just like to wish one and all a very Happy Christmas and all the very best and happy holidays for 2012--

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stoupa

Happy Christmas to you Paul, you will enjoy Stoupa one of our favourite places and we have been around. Trouble at Thomas Cook was caused by a cash flow problem but they have managed to borrow 200 million from the banks. They have Travel shops which are losing money which they intend to sell off to reduce costs (internet blamed). They have a link/or have bought CO Op travel which also have many travel shops which duplicate in the same high st to which they intend to sell their products in.

Provided they don't do anything stupid they should be ok for now.

Chippenham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stoupa

Fly to Athens, hire a car and drive down in about 4 hours. Fabulous drive, easy roads and great scenery. Easy as pie: we do it at least once s year. Book self catering accommodation through the local Zorbas travel agency or take pot luck when you arrive.

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations