We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theoxenia Studios

Skipton, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Theoxenia Studios

Do these studios have a kettle in each studio as previous posts vary.

We are going there in early September and with the baggage allowance our kettle takes up much needed room.So hope I don't need to pack it.

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theoxenia Studios

Hi Ruth and welcome!

Their website says a fully equiped kitchen so I would think there would be a kettle, or you could always boil water in a pan, which I have done before now. Maybe email them and ask for sure.

www.theoxenia-peloponnese.com

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theoxenia Studios

That is the wrong Theoxenia web site .

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theoxenia Studios

If there isn't a kettle, you can always hire one from Stoupa Rentals which is across the road from Georges.

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theoxenia Studios

Is it? my apologies what about this one?

www.hotel-theoxenia.gr

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theoxenia Studios

No , thats the same wrong one as before , are you offering personal experience or just googling ?

I am going to Theoxenia in August , I read that it is on a hill , due to unforeseen circumstances we have now added my father-in-law to our booking , can anyone who has actually been to Theoxenia tell me if it is a reasonable option to push a wheelchair up the hill ?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theoxenia Studios

Hi Theo,

It is up a hill from the town beach & many of the tavernas etc. It's not as far up the hill as many other places, as to whether it's possible to push a wheelchair depends greatly on the people concerned. August heat will obviously make it tougher, but the other factors are the fitness/stength of the pusher(s) & the size/weight of your father-in-law. If neither of those things are an issue it will be possible, but slow going in the high temps!

To get to Kalogria beach & the tavernas in that direction you will go uphill first, downhill to get back.

Ruth, I'm sorry I can't remember whether there is a kettle, but there will certainly be something to boilwater, maybe a Greek briki or a pan, but as Pansypotter says, you can hire one, save that space in your suitcase!

BTW, the other Theoxenia site mentioned is the other side of the bay, about 2 hrs drive away :)

Edited: 17 June 2012, 21:58
Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theoxenia Studios

Stoupa Rentals hire out kettles plus lots of other equipment. They even hire out beach towels but you have to order those in advance.

www.stouparentals.com/page4.html

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Theoxenia Studios

Thank you Yiassas ,

My Father-in-law is not actually a wheelchair user but I was thinking this may be a better option if the hill was very steep , but if as you say it is not too far up the hill he should be able to walk it anyway .

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Theoxenia Studios

That sounds fine Theo, just take your time, I do when it's hot!

Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Theoxenia Studios

Last year I had a crutch. I was able to walk everywhere.Kalogria was a slow walk though in the heat. I never considered it hilly. If I could walk it Im sure it will be fine. Er hobble it.

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa