We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikes, Bus, Bars

Which Stoupa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
112 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Bikes, Bus, Bars

Hi, can anyone tell me if Stoupa has bike rentals and is it flat enough to cycle round the area. Are there places to visit by bus or near enough to walk to. I'm going in July this year, is it similar to Parga is there much to do on an evening as in more than a couple of bars to visit not bothered for clubs past that now.!!! Thanks

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,881 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bikes, Bus, Bars

Hi Alison, not too many bars more restaurants that serve meals and drinks, nothing like Parga that is steep hills within the town though lol, Stoupa is fairly flat but surrounded by hills. Yes you can hire bicycles, friends we met did so and cycled to Agios Nic which is flat and good pathway 90% of the way. July could be very hot for cycling though, The town of Stoupa is fairly small and one can walk around it quite easily.

the town itself fairly flat but hills the the background

…imageshack.us/img824/2373/20130107092648.jpg

good bits of that walk/ride to Agios

…imageshack.us/img203/5506/20130107092546.jpg

…imageshack.us/img812/5286/20130107092609.jpg

not so good bit lol

…imageshack.us/img20/9377/20130107092928.jpg

beyond Aglios is more hilly and they did venture into the hills

…imageshack.us/img24/1345/20130107092806.jpg

on the main road there are all the hills that you may want lol and you will see them coming in from Katamata

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bikes, Bus, Bars

Delboy has shown you a good indication of the area, you can't go really far on the flat as the backdrop of the whole coast is mountainous.

Bikes can be hired from here, along with just about everything else! Beach towels I think is an excellent idea, freeing up luggage space, but do book in advance!

http://www.stouparentals.com/page4.html

I understand the site is being updated as we speak, so be patient & keep checking back.

The walk, or cycle, to Ag Nik is a good choice as you aren't on the main road & will only encounter other walkers or cyclists.

The main bars/cafes are Akteon, Enigma, Patrikos, Mango & Stekis. Loads of tavernas/restaurants to choose from, totally spoilt for choice!

Bus service poor, only a few buses a day from Kalamata, via Stoupa, on to Itilo, your rep will provide the timings to & from Stoupa. There are quite a few trips & they are the same price whether booked through the rep or in the offices of Doufexis or Thomeas. Unless you hire a car they are well worth considering due to the location of Stoupa & lack of public transport.

Leeds
Level Contributor
112 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bikes, Bus, Bars

Thanks for the information and photos.. It looks a nice place.. Can't wait to go.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bikes, Bus, Bars

Hi

we went last year and are now booked for Sept this year. We hired Bikes a few days, we did bike it to Kardamyli - the hills are tough but not mega bad. Went to Ag Nik a couple of times just to pick up a couple of the beaches beyond Ag Nik.Also went to Ag Nik at night for a meal (on the bikes) a hairy ride back as the path is unlit so take some sort of torch with you , if you have a bike light that you can fit to the hire bike that would be ideal.

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bikes, Bus, Bars

I always hire a bike from Stoupa Rentals for a couple of days and bike to Trachila, which is past Ag Nic and Ag Dimitrios the just keep going with sea on your right as far as you can go until the road runs out. Trachila at the end is a very traditional village, with at least one, if not 2 tavernas, but no shop, a lovely place to sit with a cold beer and maybe a bite to eat. There are a couple of hills, but I get off and push the bike up these, then freewheel to the next hill, I seem to remember that there are 3 hills, nothing too terrible, and there are several places to stop and sit along the way. Ag. Dimitrios harbour is very quaint and a good place to watch the village fisherman at work.

Leeds
Level Contributor
112 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bikes, Bus, Bars

Thanks,,

7. Re: Bikes, Bus, Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations