We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I fancy a change!

Essex
Level Contributor
258 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
I fancy a change!

We're looking to have a main 2 week holiday at the end of the summer, so will be having an early week in Stoupa.

Can any of you seasoned travellers recommend a resort for our 2 week stay. Been to Stoupa twice, Parga twice and Skiathos 3 times. Generally, a nice sandy beach nearby, lazy days snorkelling and pleasant evening strolls in the village/seafront/harbour for a family run small taverna meal and people watching with a cold Mythos afterwards. Like to get as close to traditional Greek as you can these days, and not overbusy. I hope this paints a picture for you. Any personal recomendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
England, United...
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I fancy a change!

Symi or Halki, both near to Rhodes. Both small, nice harbour, small tavernas.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I fancy a change!

Finikounda, Naxos?

Edited: 31 January 2013, 20:51
Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I fancy a change!

Telboy, I went to Panormos Eastern Crete, in September, very Greek, quite small, a bit like Stoupa, I stayed at Kirki Village (apts) they were very good, look them up, the only downside was that I was the only English person there, everyone else was French. I believe that other small hotels with pools in the village have more English guests. A friend regularly stays at the Pliloxena and recommends it. Panormos is a shortish bus ride to Rethymnon, which is good, buses go up and down the coast regularly. The beaches are good but the area is not as scenic as Stoupa, but probably more typically Greek. Restaurants are very good and yes they have Mythos!

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Rethymnon
Rethymnon
Crete, Greece
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Kirki Village
Kirki Village
164 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I fancy a change!

I had one of the best holidays ever in Afistos in Halkadiki last year brill it was

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,342 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I fancy a change!

Hi Telboy

Lemnos is very Greek we enjoyed it but was windy in our first week, second week was better, they say it normally has a breeze

Lemnos

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5

we also like Paleochora in Southern Crete very laid back

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16

Panormos as Carol mentioned but done it once

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
whitstable
Level Contributor
121 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I fancy a change!

Telboy

For a real get away from it all Greek holiday try Ikaria or Kalymnos

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,342 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I fancy a change!

Hi Yiassas

We were considering going to Finikounda last summer but couldn't work out whether they were organised with bedchairs and parasols on the beaches which would be a requirement for us, can you enlighten me on it, as we may consider it if they have, thanks Delboy

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I fancy a change!

petra in lesbos is worth a look still a greak village/town with plenty of taverna's and bars to watch the world go by. been to stoupa,parga and nidri on lefkas among other places as we like the proper greece.(maybe should not be telling too many people about petra!!)

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I fancy a change!

Hi Delboy,

Up until a few years ago there wasn't any sunbeds on the beach (my preference!), but now you'll be pleased to hear there are plenty of free ones in front of several tavernas/cafes, just have a drink from there.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,342 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I fancy a change!

ah thanks for that Yiassas, were are getting too old to sit on towels now and need that little bit of comfort on the beach lol. We might give the place a try soon then

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations