We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closing Times for Restaurants

Which Stoupa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Closing Times for Restaurants

Hello all,

We are finally off to Stoupa tomorrow for our first visit but do not expect to arrive at the Amalia apts until around 10:30pm - if we just dump our suitcases in our room and head into Stoupa will anywhere be open for food and if so which will be the nearest or would we be better off grabbing something at Kalamata airport on our way through?

Am so looking forward to this hoiday - its been a tough year and I may be 55 but inside I feel like my 6 year old Granddaughter when its Christmas Eve!

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closing Times for Restaurants

Restaurants stay open as long as they have customers. Airport food will consist of sandwiches and pies - fine if you're happy with that but if you feel hungry before you get to Stoupa, you'll pass quite a few places on the way down. Kardamili is always a good bet.

Suffolk UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closing Times for Restaurants

Thanks for replying - unfortunately we won't have the luxury of stopping en-route as we are on a coach transfer so will hopefully head into stoupa on our arrival!

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closing Times for Restaurants

There should definitely be a couple of places open in Stoupa, this is the time that most people from the U.K. arrive. I'll get there at the same time next Sunday, so hope to find somewhere open.

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
205 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closing Times for Restaurants

we arrived at 17:00

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closing Times for Restaurants

I doubt if I will arrive much before 22.00, as plane due into Kalamata at 19.15, but should be able to get a bite to eat and a glass of something.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closing Times for Restaurants

See you next week Carol, have a good flight.

Suffolk UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closing Times for Restaurants

In reply to my own question - our Germania Airways flight was delayed on the runway for 2 hours at Gatwick due to problems with the luggage being overweight. We had all boarded when this was announced, cases were unloaded onto the runway and passengers were asked to disembark in small groups to point out their luggage which were checked and reloaded whilst we had to re-enter the airport, and access the aircraft by the air bridge! Eventually the cases which had been put on the wrong flight were discovered, apologies made by the crew ( there was only good natured grumbling as we all appreciated the safety issue) and we departed at 4:45pm thus arriving at Kalamata around 10pm and finally our accomodation in Stoupa around midnight so we decided not to trek down to the village in the dark but enjoy a glass of wine/beer left in the Sunvil welcome pack on our balcony with a greek salad pitta we had earlier purchased from Gatwick and forgotten about in my hand-luggage!

We had a fantastic stay at the Amelia Apartments ( report to follow) and can recommend these apartments and Stoupa for anyone wishing for a chilled out holiday......

8. Re: Closing Times for Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations