We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Which Stoupa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
Level Contributor
401 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May

We've just had a really enjoyable week in Stoupa but I have to add "despite the flipping weather" which was awful for 3 days. My question to regular travellers to Stoupa, is this :- is the weather usually this unpredictable in May or have we just been unlucky? We've been to Greece before in May but usually further south and always had good weather. I have to say I have never been as cold as I have this week. We paid for air conditioning but used the heat function all week and without it I think I would have been too cold to sleep.

I know come July it will be absolutely boiling but the experience has really put me off coming to the Mani region at this time of year.

whitstable
Level Contributor
114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

Jennywren

We`ve been to Stoupa 20 plus times but usually in September which suits my hair colour

As with May, the weather can be unpredictable

We`ve only been once in May and had the same experience as you and decided that the earliest we would ever go would be June

However, have spoken to many people who thought May was the best time to go. I suppose it depends on your perspective

sheffield
Level Contributor
401 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

Thanks Roger - I agree, I'll wait in future until things settle a bit . I know Stoupa can be very hot indeed in the summer, I went there in July with my daughter some years ago and there wasn't even a slight breeze but it will either be June or last week in August and first week in September for the next visit. Thanks for your reply.

3. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa