We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

coventry
Level Contributor
642 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

Hi There

We are off to Stoupa on September 14th, never been before, so can people give there favourite eating places for evening meals.

We Just come back from Parga and went to Georgiopolos in Crete last year both different but both still very Greek and excellent tavernas.

Thanks

whitstable
Level Contributor
121 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

Stoupa offers great choices in eating out

Been going for 15 years and have tried them all. Never really had a bad meal in any of them.

Everyone has their favourite ( mine being Stoupa Restaurant ) but the best advice would be try as many as you can. They`re all good with reasonable prices

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

Haven't been for a few years but remember two particular restaurants which we enjoyed - one off the side road on the headland overlooking kalogria beach and the second on the sea at the end of the village

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

We loved the Pefko Taverna good food & very friendly staff , the beef stefado was one of the best I've had .

Level Contributor
414 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

There are over 20 to choose from. Personally I won't ever eat at stoupa restaurant again after last night - truly awful. Once I'm home I will place all my reviews but so far agrokkalli is the best. Pefko's is great but is the most expensive taverna in stoupa. You won't got far wrong I'm sure after 5 visits here - I'm here now. It all depends what you want as kleftiko cannot be beaten by pefko as best gyros is persama.

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

My favourites are Angeliki's, Liastres (? taffyswife) and Dionysus, with a special occasion at Agrogiali, more expensive but wonderful fillet steak,

Look forward to trying the new Mellissa's which was last opened 10 years ago when we were there for our first visit to Stoupa. Even since I was there in May this year there seem to have been some changes.

Looking forward to my next visit in September.

coventry
Level Contributor
642 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

Can you name some of your favourite tavernas

Please.

Suffolk UK
Level Contributor
238 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

Spent 2 weeks in Stoupa last September and will be returning in a few weeks. We tried somewhere different each night all good but our favourites were:

1) Dionysis - set up a side lane so no beach views but a lovely ambiance. 2) Akrogiali - always busy but large tasty portions and great sea views - these 2 Taverna's were the only ones we ate at twice. 3) Akrotiri - situated a little away from the others on a rocky headland with great sunset views and good food 4) Yesterday & Today - a tad more expensive than the others but had different things on the menu, also great sea views. 5) Patriko's for a lunchtime snack or post dinner drinks.

Am looking forward to trying the mezze dishes at Tis Marias O Kafenes this year as have read great reviews of the place, also will look out for the one Nursecarol mentioned above Mellissa (whereabouts is this Taverna N.C.?) hopefully will get round to trying the ones we didn't have time to visit last year - I can feel my waistline expanding even just thinking about it!

Enjoy your holiday.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

For us, definitely Pefkos - lovely salmon souvlaki, so moist and tasty - plus, they give you a card for free 1/2 litre of wine each time you visit, cant go wrong!!

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

Melisa's is up the lane beside the seafront bakery, it's just before Doufexis Travel. It only reopened this year after re-furbishment, had been closed for about 8 years, was always a favourite of mine in those days, they had quiet live music, but I doubt that they will now....pity.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Tavernas/Restaurants in Stoupa

just try as many as you can and then you will be able to choose for yourself I have been going since 1999 on and off back in sept this year

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa