We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October/ eating out costs

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
80 reviews
Weather in October/ eating out costs

Unsure wether to book in Stella hotel for 10 days or go to lanzarote

We need weather to be good whats it usually like

Costs for beer/ food in evening

Will it still be open

Regards in advance

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
138 reviews
1. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

October weather can be unsettled.

Possible to have heavy rain showers.

The Canary islands would be a better choice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

Hi.

Funny I went to lanzarote. Costa teguise last October for a week. Just a couple of days with sun mid 20s. Rest overcast odd shower. This year I'm giving lindos a go last week of the season. Not done lindos so late for about 6 years.

Peter .

Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

We went to Pefkos in August stayed at Finas we thought it was quiet for height of the season,also we found it expensive.Been to Greece last couple of years I know the Greeks are struggling but think they are pricing themselves of the market a lot of restaurants and bars were virtually empty i dont think the euro has helped them with brits visiting. If i was choosing i would be going back to Lanzarote.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,790 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

Hey

...Exactly when in October are you thinking of booking, as it makes a significant difference in terms of heat/weather/ footfall etc etc

Mart

Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

Cheapest large local beer in bambooze or Fuse bar for €2.50 on average around €3.50-€4.00 but we have paid €6 for a bottle of magners. English breakfast around €6.50-€7.00 evening meals average around €15 per person for a main. Mini market €2.10 for milk. Pack of 6 large bottled water €2.00

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
80 reviews
6. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

We were thinking October 5th but not now booked for lanzarote 2 weeks last minute deal £30 pp more than the stella hotel deal

As weather should be better/eating out and beers etc are1/2 the price! Happy hour ,2-3 euro a drinks

Breakfast 3-4 euro

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
138 reviews
7. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

I do hope you are right about the weather in Lanzarote.

Croston, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

I have visited Rhodes (Pefkos) twice in October and have not had any rain and the weather was lovely. A few tavernas/restaurants do close down but there are still plenty to choose from. The atmosphere is good although obviously quieter than the summer months. The beach at Pefkos is nice white sand and I would definitely visit Lindos which is about ten minutes by car and bus also available. Prices are slightly dearer than Lanzarote but if you do a bit of research you can find smaller tavernas that are cheaper, as for weather comparison I went to Fuerteventura in March and September and had two days of heavy rain on both occasions. Any country trading in euros is more expensive and think you have to go further afield for a cheaper holiday now. It all depends what you like and I prefer somewhere with a bit of local character as I find the Canaries very similar but do love Corralejo on Fuerteventura. Enjoy wherever you go!

Croston, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

I went to Pefkos 2nd & 3rd week in October 2 years ago. Flew back to UK on last flight out 23rd Oct and still scorching. Speaking to local restaurant owners they said still warm until end of November and they did not understand why direct flights stopped. I'm back again 4th October and on the subject of rain I got drowned in Fuerteventura this March and last September for a couple of days. I also go for 10/11 nights just in case! Enjoy your trip to Lindos it's a lovely place.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,790 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Weather in October/ eating out costs

Hey

..been numerous times 5th Oct onwards over 30 years and done Fuerte at the same time of year a few times...you would be surprised..5 Oct onwards temps in Lindos/Pefkos area still 27/28 and can be 25/26 right at the end...of course y can get a storm or aime rain, but yiu also get a lot if sun...the canaries at the time of year aint much different altho temps can be lower n by no means guaranteed however the sun is of course stronger being close to the Afrcan continent but u still have to usually wait for morning cloud to burn off..hope u have made the right choice for you n you enjoy

M

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations