We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Pefkos transfer

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Airport to Pefkos transfer

Hello ,does anyone know what is the best way to get from rhodes aiport to pefkos and how much does it cost ?

Also should i fly with jet2 or thomas cook airline?

Derby, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,119 posts
98 reviews
1. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

The price of a taxi this year is 52 euros and that's definitely the quickest and easiset way of getting there. Of course if you're thinking of hiring a car during your holiday you could arrange an airport collection and drive over (it's a very simple route).

As for Jet2 and Thomas Cook, who's offering the best deal? Jet2 is a budget airline and Thomas Cook a charter so there won't be a lot of difference in comfort/service.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
2. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

Hi adri

Hopefully, you have received the reply to your PM.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

Thanks guys ,i decided to book summer memories in pefkos and fly with thomas cook ,i will just take a taxi when i get to the airport ,i cud hire a car but i guess its nearly same price as taxi anyway

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
4. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

Hi again

Well, I don't know what time of the year you are travelling, or whether it's for one or two weeks but bear in mind that for a small car, something like a Fiat Cinquecento, the taxi fare to and from the airport would pay for 3-4 day's hire, so if you wanted to see a good amount of the island, you would only need to cough up maybe another 60-70 euros and you could have the car for a week. Just a thought.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

Hi Graham ,im going in july and for two weeks ,i read about galaxy car hire and sent them an email to hire a toyota yaris automatic and the price i got from them was 700 euro for two weeks or 120 euros for a day .what a rip off !!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
6. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

Hi again

That is indeed a totally rip off price, even for July. You could always leave it till you arrive on the island then have a look around to see what deals are available. We've rented on the island in July and NEVER paid more than 35 euros a day for something like a Hyundai Getz or similar.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
141 reviews
7. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

Try www.rhodesrentacar.com From their web site you can send an enquiry. We have been using them for 17 Years. Next week we hiring a Toyota Aygo for 2 days ,at total cost of 50 euros. I know its not high season but very reasonable.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

thanks guys ,im sent a few email to companies ,i like to use local companies rather then major ones,so just waiting now ,if they quote me more than 35 euros a day then there is no point hiring a car,i ll just use buses lol :)

9. Re: Airport to Pefkos transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations