We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pefkos to Rhodes Town

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pefkos to Rhodes Town

We have booked to stay in Pefkos, staying at Matina same place as 2009 but last time we didn't make a trip to Rhodes Town and are looking to do so this time round. Can anyone tell me is the best option just to jump on a bus? We don't really want to spend so much time sat on a bus and I thought maybe if there is a boat day trip going from Lindos or Pefkos to Rhodes Town this could be a good option?

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,395 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

For the last few years you've only been able to do the boat trip in the opposite direction. I noticed one of the travel offices in Lindos offered a Lindos to Rhodes Town boat trip last year and I guess it will depend on how popular that was as to whether they do the same this year. To be fair the boat takes more time than a bus so wouldn't give you much time in town anyway.

You could always catch the Rhodes Town to Lindos boat on it's return journey (around 2.45pm from Pallas beach) and spend the evening in Rhodes Town. If you look at price comparison sites such as travelsupermarket.com it's cheap enough to book a hotel room for the night. The Old Town has a great atmosphere after dark and if you enjoy nightlife Orfandinou St in the New Town is definitely worth a visit.

If it is just a day trip you want then the bus is definitely the most flexible and inexpensive way of making the journey.

lancs england
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

You can also go on a coach, booked at any of the trip places in Pefkos, they do a day or night trip, we went on the night one and was well worth it, spent all our time in the old town and round the harbour. Think you set off around 4 or 5 pm and set off back about 11pm getting back around midnight, so you have about 4 or 5 hours in Rhodes. Cant remember exact price think it worked out about 12 pound each.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

Thanks to both of you for the help! Sounds like bus or coach trip it is then! If we went on the evening trip I am assuming that all shops etc are open until late to have a wonder round?

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,355 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

Hello As the bus timetable keeps changing, I would check if I were you , on the buses going back to Pefkos.

A late stay in Town may not be possible.

A taxis is very expensive

Cardiff, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

We went on one of the bus trips, left Rhodes Town around midnight, and I think it was about 16 euro each.

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

We did the day trip got picked up on the main Pefkos road about 8.30am and got back to Pefkos about 4.30pm. We had all day free in Rhodes Town and it cost about 14 euros each.

lancs england
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

Yes all the shops in the old town stay open till late, they were closing as we left, also plenty of restaurants to eat in and places to drink, but more expensive than pefkos, especially for cocktails. It is the capital after all, just like London .As we were leaving lots of greeks going in to the old town so must have a buzzing night life as well. Im sure you will enjoy your visit..

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like we've got a few options available!

North Wales
Level Contributor
170 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

Have been on the day excursion to Rhodes a couple of times, there is a agent up the road from Matina(on the left before the crossroads) that usually offered a good price.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pefkos to Rhodes Town

Thanks for the info. i think we are going to go for the day trip so will check this one out!

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos