We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices for Food and Drink

birmingham
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Prices for Food and Drink

We are going to Pefkos in July and starting to panic about how much it is going to cost us to eat and drink out there. We have bed and breakfast at the Stella Apartments. What should my food and drink budget be say for an evening meal and drinks/snacks throughout the day. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids. I would appreciate your advice! Thx Amanda.

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

Hi Amanda,

How long is a piece of string! The cost of food can vary so much dependent on what you want and where you want to eat. I've not that much experience of Pefkos as I tend to base myself around Lindos/Kalathos but they are all similar. The only place I have eaten in Pefkos is Nostalgia which has quite a good menu at a reasonable cost. There are so many restaurants there but they all have the menus with prices posted outside. I would say that for 4 of you allow at least 60 to 100 euros a day again depending on what you want. You may find they do food at your apartments which may be a lot cheaper.

What I would say is if you like an evening drink at your apartment buy it in the supermarkets and drink on your balcony or wherever.This goes for beer, water etc as it's normally a lot cheaper. If you have a car look at some of the small villages outside Pefkos where you may get better value. If you fancy am early evening drive go out to Kalathos and visit Nikos and Despina at the On the Road Bar. You'll get a meal for 4 with drinks for about 40 euros and they do great home made pizzas.

Can't help any more than that I'm afraid but I'm sure you'll get plenty more advice.

Cheers

Dave

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

Have a look at Friends of pefkos website. You Will get a good idea of prices there. I have been in pefkos twice and you will probably not be much more than 40 euros for 4 mains and a drink. There are also good set menu deals. Enjoy

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

Me and my wife were there last september and our evening meal bills were coming in at usually about 23-32 euros for both of us, a main meal, sometimes a starter sometimes a sweet and this included soft drinks.

Hope thats helpful

Jay

birmingham
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

Hi Amanda, we are going for 2 weeks in May taking 900 euros, that should be plenty for the 2 of us, we went 2009 for 10 days taking 650 we ate out every night 3 course meal and wine, on the last day we had about 150 euros left.

hope you all have a great time, its a beautiful place.

john.

birmingham
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

Thanks so much for your replies.

I think if we take around £1500 that should be plenty for us. Just was in a bit of a panic coz of the euro at the moment and haven't been on a two week holiday as a family before!

We are staying at the Stella Apartments and from what I gather there is a bakery by there - so the kids can stock up on plenty of croissants!

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

Croissants !! Thats sacrilege surely

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

Hey Trevor

How was the Coralli looking, was it up n running with visitors. Hope so cos I am there in 2 days.

Mart

Derby
Level Contributor
94 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

Last year we spent roughly £1500, 2 adults & 2 kids. that included trips to Rhodes Town, Lindos & glass bottom boat trip.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

All the restaurants do kids meals and are generally of a good quality. When our daughter was small she liked Georges (really good chicken in the chicken nuggets!! and she was a chicken nugget expert). During the day I would usually make something like a sandwich at the apartment but you can get toasties all over v cheaply too. One of the best budget foods has got to be the crepes - sweet or savoury filling for around 3 - 4 euros. Kids will love these...adults too !! It is quite easy to eat cheaply if you want to.

We don't tend to use them but some restaurants offer set price menus too. Restaurant recommendations from me with small kids would be Georges, Smile, Matina (during day)/Meltemi (evening) and the pizza place

7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Prices for Food and Drink

I Will be having my first holiday to pefkos in July with my three teenagers and really can't wait. I'm worried about how much to bring for our meals. We have always had hols with half board basis, but got fed up with the same meals by the second week, even though it was delicious. Due to the heat, half our meals were going to waste. So, this time I booked for breakfast only. Should I be worried? Should I have stuck to half board ? Staying at the Island blue.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 12:24
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations