We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of June Weather and Bakery

South Shields...
Level Contributor
719 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
End of June Weather and Bakery

Can anyone tell me if its going to be hot when we go? Hope so! And also, ive read about a lovely bakery, where is it and what does it sell? (bread I know!! but what kind etc) Thank you

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

Hey

End of June will b seriously hot guaranteed, 30 plus easily. Put it this way, although the weather has been a bit a mixed the last 10 days in the Pefkos/Lardos area, it has hit 26/27 a number of times and its early May!!!

Re Pefkos bakery, never been there but only ever heard good things about it

Mart

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,479 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

Hello The Bakery sell a selection of breads / rolls. You wont find UK white sliced there. Also pastries, sweets & dairy products etc.

Its not far from the taxi rank. Not surprizing its on Bakery Road

South Shields...
Level Contributor
719 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

Thank you FugeeBlues, we keep checking the weather and although we can see it creeping up there is still some showers showing, you have put our minds at rest!

tpebopFalirak thank goodness it doesnt sell UK bread, not a fan of the stuff at all lol. Nothing quite like good bread, cheese and a wine on your balcony, thank you.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

Hey Scallyally,

Just remember yr trip is 7 weeks away and the forecasts are all taken at rhodes airport, much cooler and not as predictable as the South ie lindos, pefkos. Do not worry about the weather :-)

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,785 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

Hi,

I was there from 10 to 27 June last year and most days it was 38/40 with no clouds. Pefkos bakery is good with lovely fresh bread and croissants. Also the fresh cakes are so beautiful I had to bring some back for my daughter in law when I was out last October. Check the opening times as they do open early morning but may close for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Cheers

Dave

Kirkwall
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

And oh - the Spanakopitta! Get two pieces, especially if it's still warm!!

Herts
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

What hours is the bakery open. Is it open in the evenings?

Kent
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

The Pefkos Bakery is also a well stocked mini market & doesn't close in the afternoon. The bakery/patisserie section is at the back of the shop. They made me a beautiful cake for my wife's birthday last year which was demolished at a very wild party in Socrates Bar that night !

BTW they supply many of the mini markets & restaurants in the surrounding area so you don't always have to walk up the steep hill for the same bread !

Edited: 10 May 2011, 21:12
South Shields...
Level Contributor
719 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

Thanks Mart, we adore the sunshine.

The bakery sounds lovely, thanks everyone

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: End of June Weather and Bakery

Hey Scallyally

The weather the last few days has been scorching, absolutely perfect for May and more like Rhodes weather.

So much so I have just adjusted my flight again to return on Sun 22 May.

Enjoy

Mart

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos