We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

lancashire
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

Hi want to get the basics to enable me to make breakfast or a sandwich for lunch as on a bit of a budget...sounds like the little local supermarkets are more touristy shops...is there a better place to shop..where do the locals go?

Thanks

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,617 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

No problems finding what you want in Pefkos

Try the Bakery

If you have a car, the supermarket by the Lardos turn is well stocked & reasonable prices.

lancashire
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

thanks, have a car so will try the supermarket by the lardos turn...do you know what its called at all? Thanks

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,617 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

There are only 2 buildings at that turn.The Co Op supermarket & an excellent coffee shop next door

lancashire
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

where do the locals shop for food...lardos? Presume must be markets or local butchers, bakers etc at non tourist prices?

thanks

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

Hi,

As Trevor says the largest supermarket in the area is on the Lardos turn. Drive from Lindos towards Rhodes for about 1/2 miles and you'll see the left hand turn for Lardos. The supermarket is there, you can't miss it. They sell most things you need there and have a deli and fresh meat counter. For bread go to the Pefkos bakery at the top of the hill in Pefkos. I think it's next to Tsambikos Taverna and can be reached off the main road. Goergeous bread and fresh cakes. If you like fresh fish there is a truck at the square in Lardos on a Sunday morning.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave

lancashire
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

thank you both. Now just need to hope the strike here thursday doesnt affect flights out and the planes from the greek strikes have all got to where they should have been!

7. Re: cheese, eggs, jam, butter, milk (for my tea!!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations