We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
116 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Holiday horror in Pefkos!

Booked my accommodation with Holiday Nights and turned up at 10pm last night to be sent away from the Coralli as they had no room for us.

Our name was on the list but crossed off and we have been sent to the Maria Anthi hotel - right next to a rock bar blastering music out at all hours of the night.

I have been looking forward to this holiday for months and they are ruined and I want to go home.

We have returned to the Coralli today and she said they overbook rooms and Holiday nights told her to send us to the Maria Anthi - an inferior noisy hotel to what I have booked.

Why, why why - we have a ruined holiday.

To anyone else out there - DO NOT book with HOLIDAY NIGHTS - they are a waste of space and will ruin your holiday.

Has this happened to anyone else? When I get back to the UK, Holiday nights will have some explaining to do.

I am going to have to find another hotel and pay for it as I cannot stay in that hotel another night.

The lady at the Coralli has been helpful and had to put up with my tears but still cannot give us the room that I booked 2 months ago.

Why us?

Blackcat73

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Hey

So sorry to hear that, awful thing to do to someone. I know Tsambika will b.genuinely upset for u and would help if she could.

Is it worthwhile finding a place more suitable and putting it on a credit card and seek compensation with the company when u return. At least then u could enjoy what's left of yr holiday

I can recommend a few places if that's what u decide to do. Palm Bay next door to the Coralli are good and cheap.

Ive never heard of holiday nights before and dont think I will ever use them.

Good luck

Mart

Mykonos Town, Greece
Level Contributor
763 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Just to let you know it is usually the fault of the hotel when they are overbooked. If hotels work with tour operators and online booking sites they have a certain allotment they need to keep.Most hotels will not do it though and keep taking direct bookings etc. When the tour operator then books from their allotment and the room has already been sold to someone else by the hotel thats when overbookings usually occur.

Of course your tour operator will need to sort this problem for you as at the end of the day they are responsible. However it is not their fault that the hotel overbooked you.

Very sorry to hear your holiday has been ruined so far and hope you can manage to sort something out and enjoy the rest.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Hey

The Coralli doesn't take direct bookings, only via tour operators, so not sure who's at fault here

Mart

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

It's very important that you register a complaint with your tour operator before you come home, and get written acknowledgement from the rep in resort.

Don't leave it till you get home.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
475 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Here is the e mail address for holiday nights.

support@holidaynights.co.uk I'd e mail them straight away if I were you. The only phone number I can find for them is an 0800 number so not sure it will work from Rhodes. Good luck.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
475 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Sorry e mail address should be

mailto:support@holidaynights.co.uk

If it was a flight and hotel then ring this number. 0161 835 8996

Halifax
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Thomas Cook tried this with us.

We were due to go on 25.07.11 and they phoned us on 23.07.11 to say that we would be going to Stella Apartments as they (Thomas Cook) had overbooked the Coralli and they were sorry.

We had friends already there and some going the same day but we were the only ones moved.

Wrote a complaint letter to Thomas Cook immediately when I got back on 05.08.11 and not had a full response yet, only a holding letter,

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Hi Guys,

The hotel/tour operator are responsible for their all their allotments, so when they are full it should not be possible to book with that hotel - as for internet bookings it is up to the hotel to issue 'stop sales' 24hrs prior to a internet booking arriving via email ( this is never adhered to!!) these small hotels get bossed around by the TO (ie: going over their allotment - frequently) so the hotel ends up confused with all their charting of their rooms. It is likley the Coralli has at least 5-6 companies who can book with them - probably more). Its wrong - at the end f the day its someones holiday that they are looking forward to and have saved hard for, and its still hapening on October !!! very busy season !!

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
116 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Thanks for all your supportive replies.

After the first night and returning to the Coralli the next morning they suggested the Coliseum - which is where I we are now.

The very kind owner, Paul, took us in on the Sunday, without any confirmation from Holiday Nights. Many thanks to him and his staff.

Still very miffed off that Holiday Nights and/or Coralli have ruined our holiday, but trying to make the most of what we've been left with.

The resort emergency helpline got a right mouthful of anger from me along with a stroppy email. I'll follow it up when I get home.

Coliseum saved the day. Coralli did it to another couple the next day - the Warburtons - so they are here too!

Thanks again for all your help - and be warmed - only book a package deal -I think that's the way to get your room!

Blackcat73

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Nights from hell - Coralli

Hey

Enjoy the Coliseum, great pool area and great location. Right by my favourites Spitaki restaurant, Pefkos by Night, Rock Bar and Armonia.

Have a great time.

Mart

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations