We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
769 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook

Has anyone booked with Thomas Cook? We have always booked with Thomsons/First Choice

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook

the only good holidays thomas cook sell are thomson ones in my opinion,so you might as well stick with thomson/FC, plus the TC website is next to impossible to use, even more so now they've 'updated' it

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook

I used to use Thomas Cook in the past but with all the companies they've bought up over recent years they just got too big too fast in my opinion. Last time I used them both UK and resort customer service was virtually non existent so I decided to look elsewhere.

That said I have friends that book with them every year without fail and their experience has been quite the opposite. I guess any company can only be judged on personal experience, there's good and bad with all tour ops.

Halifax
Level Contributor
95 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook

I have always booked TC but had lots of problems with them in 2011.

Wrote and complained when I returned in early August and they responded in October, basically calling me a liar so I wrote back again. Needless to say, I have not heard anything further from them so its now with ABTA.

I have also had to write to the Information Comissioners office as I asked for all the file details they have about me (which I am entitled to ask for) and they have refused to do this.

Oh well, only to be expected from a large company I suppose as they dont think they have to answer to us for their shortcomings,, but there loss is Jet 2's gain!

Rotherham
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook

Haven,t used Thomas Cook. Like you scallyally i have used Thomsons for the past five years. However the flights on Thomson have gone down the pan.

They are not cheap and in my estimation have got worse. No in flight entertainment unless you pay extra. No inflight meal service, only cheap pizza, chips or soup in a cup with a bread roll. Even that was too difficult on my last trip in December when they ran out of it.

Thomson need to get their act together if they don't want to see customers going elsewhere.

Wasn't impressed at all. May as well book the low cost airlines if the service on Thomson's doesn't improve.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
357 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook

Hi,

We always book with Direct Holiday which are part of TC as they are the only ones who have where we want to stay. Never had any problems & got a good deal this year.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook

We usually do everything independently but we booked a package deal with Thos Cook last year for the first time in years and had very good service from them. They cobbled the package together at our request, we ended up flying via Easyjet as the flights originally with the holiday were at ridiculous times. Also, as we weren't as such flying with Thos Cooks, they booked us on to a Transfers4U coach and that was simple too.

Due to the cost of independently booked flights for this summer, we have chosen a package deal from Cooks for this year

New Romney, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook

We have also booked with TC for this April and have used them several times with no problems. We do sometimes book independently but got a good deal with them, but I did virtually check prices most days for a few months. It paid off in the end.!!! Some friends we know will only use TC due to good service etc.. We did use Thomsons last May, but not very impressed, nil to do with the flight but the Rep was lacking in knowledge with several matters....

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook

I don't think they were as good as they were but having said that I guess all big companies are feeling the squeeze and the 'personal touch' is the first thing to go! The Lindos rep was lovely the last couple of years but the tansfer experience felt a little less Lindos-centric ie there wasn't a rep at Lindos reception as reassurance that you were being taken care of on the way home.

Having said that I had no complaints (or problems to test the service) and feel that it's important that Thomas Cook should have the opportunity to be around as competition to TUI as it's in all our interests in the long term.

UK
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook

Have travelled with Direct Holidays, part of the Thomas Cook group, on several holidays within Europe over the past 4 years and have found the experiences perfectly fine.

The legroom on Thomas Cook airplanes can be a little tight but otherwise no complaints.

Enjoy!

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook

Personally I don't rate TC as have had bad customer service from them in the past. For holidays to Greece, Turkey and Egypt, if I am not going independently, I always book with Olympic. I have been with them 5 times over the last 3 years and always had good service and have just booked with them again for next June.

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations