We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

room request

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
room request

hi

i have booked to go to thalia this aug with my husband and 3 children (ages 3,7 &15) ive read the reviews and am goin with an open mind, it seems that it depends on which room u get, i was thinkin of emailing the hotel with a preference, has anyone got any advice please

thanks

tina

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: room request

Hi Tina

You can try, I don't know whether it'll make any difference, we always request a sea view but when we arrived at our accommodation in Pefkos last year we were given a mountain view, still very pleasant, but not what we would have ideally wanted. When we asked if we could have a sea view , the owner just shrugged his shoulders and said no, even though several apartments were clearly vacant.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: room request

thank you ,did u email ur pref to hotel or just at travel agent when u booked? im not sure how to go about it!

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: room request

Hi

When I book with the travel agents I ask them to make a note of my requests on the booking. And then a few weeks before we are due to arrive at our hotel I email the hotel and again ask if it's possible for our requests.

I don't very often get an answer but most times my requests are met, or I'm given a very good compromise.

Hope that helps you a little.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: room request

Hi again

Yes, we do as roo-rider does, but we appear to be nowhere as fortunate with our requests as him...;0(

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: room request

aw thank you it sounds like its worth a try then

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,302 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: room request

I would put in the request with both the TO & the hotel direct, it all depends which one does the room allocation, that way you have both bases covered!

Generally it would be first booked, first choice of request if there are too many asking for the same thing. If you do see some rooms empty that fit your request it may be because those particular ones aren't the allotted ones for the TO, obviously a different story if it's a property that the TO has sole use of.

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: room request

He is a her! Lol

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: room request

After reading what yiassas said. Maybe we are a bit more lucky as we book our main family holiday 9 - 10 months before we go.. It's cheaper as we have to go in August and maybe were one of the first to get our requests in.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: room request

Being charged 100 euros for 2weeks with a sea view but I am assured its worth it by fellow travellers to our hotel .i rang them direct to book it

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: room request

Sorry roo...;0)

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos